Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be another US gov shutdown in few weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be another US gov shutdown in few weeks?

How likely is that?

The recent one was an epic success *cough cough* for Trump (yay winning!) so I'd think there's less appetite for repeating this

However, I think we need to be aware that the One Wall is the ultimate source of trump powah:

One WALL to rule them all, One WALL to find them,
    One WALL to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    Blah

Naw, I'm betting that in three weeks, he'll claim that the dems really weren't interested in a compromise and just declare his emergency.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      If you really want to bet on this, you should sell short term calls on the DJI index that are 1 or 2 slots out of the money. To be conservative, make sure you have the cash to cover the call.

The Dem's are not going to give him his 5+ Billion for "his wall"... so I have to agree.
    He doesn't like being called a wimp, so Emergency Powers it will be. It will be hung up in the courts forever, but he will be able to say to the ultra right that he is doing everything he can but that the Dem's don't believe in security, humanity, the children, drugs, terrorists, or whatever else he can come up with
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      Naw, I'm betting that in three weeks, he'll claim that the dems really weren't interested in a compromise and just declare his emergency.
      This.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        The Dem's are not going to give him his 5+ Billion for "his wall"... so I have to agree.
        He doesn't like being called a wimp, so Emergency Powers it will be. It will be hung up in the courts forever, but he will be able to say to the ultra right that he is doing everything he can but that the Dem's don't believe in security, humanity, the children, drugs, terrorists, or whatever else he can come up with
        I agree ...
        I actually was surprised that he signed the interims budget instead of already declaring emergency
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Saw Chris Christie drinking tequila with Colbert last night. Good talk. Christie said he met with Trump a couple days before the shutdown and was asked for his advice. He told Trump, "You can do this, but you better have an exit strategy." Like W in Iraq, Trump just did what he wanted without thinking it through.

This whole administration has been a series of ad hoc decisions masquerading as policies and plans -- tactics pretending to be strategies.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

LOL:
            Trump promised to his voters, thatr he would run the US government like one of his businesses ... and he cleraly delivered:

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Briefers say President Donald Trump displays "willful ignorance" when presented with analyses generated by intelligence services.

What an ignorant piece of garbage. Trump really has no place in any position of authority.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Authority has no place as a position.

Comment

Ad space for the State of the union address for sale.
                  More exactly:
                  Donnies election campaign wrote a letter ton his potential donors ...
                  if they donate 5$, they can have their name displayed during Donnies state of the union address

https://hillreporter.com/team-trump-...n-speech-23361

It is questionable if this abuse of the presidential office is legal

One things for sure ... Donnie is sellign out everything he can ...
                  if Donnie got another 4 years term I wouldn't be surprised if at the end the walls of the WH would be for sale as Ad space for the highest bidder
                  Last edited by Proteus_MST; February 4, 2019, 19:23.

Comment

“Tomorrow, President Trump will deliver his State of the Union address that will go down in history as the speech that saved America from a great Humanitarian CRISIS at our Southern Border.”
                    There wouldn't be a "humanitarian crisis" if we didn't have a president like Trump.

Comment

Working...
                    X