Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

call the local fedex/ups to see if they are missing it

Comment

I found out who gave it to me and it was a gift. It was my neighbor Richard, who is in his 60s, a single guy all his life, he has a heart condition and cannot drive due to poor eye sight (he has diabetes as well as having had four heart attacks). I had driven him to get his medication a few times and thought nothing of it. His nephew gave it to him for Xmas but he said he didn't know what to do with it plus his computer was too old to really use it so he says he gave it to me as he thought I was into computers and such. That was very kind of him.

We discuss politics sometimes, Richard is very right wing, only watches Fox, likes to watch Alex Jones, and I argue with him sometimes and tell him he shouldn't believe that ****. He told me "you are a liberal but you are an honest liberal and have a good heart". Maybe they all aren't bad.
      Last edited by Dinner; January 8, 2019, 02:10.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        See post #4.

Also, has he ever discussed your blood type, even in passing? By your description of him " "you are a liberal but you are an honest liberal and have a good heart". might have a more sinister meaning...

Enjoy the gift. Hope your power supply is up to snuff. But if not, it would be worth upgrading to take advantage of this card. And yeah, if Ming can do it, you should be able to also. UTUBE is your friend
      God, what did we ever do before the internet?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Read?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Talk to real people.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The people on youtube are real.

Scary as that may be.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah but in the old days, people used to be actually embarrassed about doing something stupid and tended to forget about it quickly, now it's captured on video, lasts forever and is often bragged about. I don't know if that's progress, but tend to think it isn't.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If stupid people on YouTube find it harder to get dates and procreate, then it might be for the better.
                Last edited by pchang; January 9, 2019, 17:51.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  If stupid people on YouTube find it harder to get dates and proceeate, then it might be for the better.
                  Only if it is only the stupid people who suffer.
                  Unfortunately it seems like also a lot of school bullies have discovered the power of the internet for themselves ...
                  and put films on youtube that show how their victim gets bullied around by them, seemingly because they think this is something to brag about

Having one of the biggest bullies as PotUS surely won't change this situation for the besser
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

...which will follow the bully around forever and maybe lead to charges filed, for things that would in earlier times remain hidden.

I really don't see a down side.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Return to sender, there is such a function

Comment

My computer has a 460w power supply, the manufacturer recommends at least a 500w power supply and several people online have said a 650w is a good idea just to be safe.

I plugged it in, plugged in the power plug, and the green light turns on and the twin fans start spinning but the computer will not post. I am wondering if 460w is close enough to 500w or if I am doing something wrong.

Comment

I would guess the latter is the case ... the startup and selfcheck screen of your computer (POST) surely wouldn't cause your graphics card to run at full load (and should be the absolute minimum that appears)

Did you check if, perhaps your graphics card needs 2 connections to your power supply?
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

There is only one six pin which I can see.

Comment

Well, according to this review it surely shouldn't be the power supply:
                              https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-review,8.html

450-500W should be sufficient unless you use it in an SLI setup and the card is supposed to be rather on the lower end on average load.

The page I posted is part of a longer review, maybe it contains something that hints at coimpatibility issues with your computer ...
                              I guess it would also be helpful to consult your mainboard manual (or look for it Online)

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-review,1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X