Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic the Gathering with Serb

Ok, my dear Westerns!
    Now you have a chance to kick that dumb Serb's ass!
    If you are smart enough, of course, to play that game (which is the greatest invention since chess and poker).
    You can download it here:

Then click on the crossed swords icon at the right upper coner to direct challenge me and type there my nickname: Serb (of course).
    And if you are already playing - post your nicks here in this thread, so I could challenge you there, when you are online.

Come on! Come get some!!!

Prove that you are smarter than Serb!
    Last edited by Serb; January 6, 2019, 15:58.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the game is free of course!
    If you don't trust my link (for whatever insane western reasons), just type in the Google: "Magic the gathering online", download it and follow the instructions above to challenge Serb.
    Last edited by Serb; January 6, 2019, 16:38.

Comment

Is it pay to win?

Comment

I use a Mac, but I played the paper game several times.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by spambot View Post
          Is it pay to win?
          I haven't paid a penny so far, but having a great fun!

Comment

I found that game thanks to advertising on youtube a couple of weeks ago and never regret it!
            I did play MtG in old good 90's for a while in a single mode, if you remember that computer game, but playing vs. real people is way more fun!!!
            Sure we have a Wizards of the Coast shop here, where you can play a paper version vs. real people, but I have no to time to play a paper MtG live, I work all the time, except when I am drunk and post here

Comment

My understanding is that it is like the paper game. If you pay the entrance to a draft (for example) you will be at the same level as everyone else who is playing draft. It seems that lots of people play draft. I watch them on twitch occasionally, when I am tired and have read all the articles I want to, and if you win 2 out of 3 games in a draft you get enough 'points'/etc to enter a new draft (+ a little).

So I think if you are good you can probably play quite a bit without paying much.

Also, building a deck on MtG online for most formats is cheaper than in paper (vintage/etc by a lot).

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                So I think if you are good you can probably play quite a bit without paying much.

JM
                You get boosters everyday for wining ranked games and fulfilling a quests, so you can build a strong deck for free with time. And you are earning gold to participate in drafts and other events.

Comment

It's a great game, really!
                  The best invention since chess and holdem!

Comment

Drafting Cube seems to me to be great fun and isn't something I have ever done in paper (And seems likely to be quite rare in paper).

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I have thought about trying to get it working in a virtual machine/wine/etc.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I am not a pro and don't know what is "Drafting Cube", but trust me the drafts there is fun!
                        As well, as regular games or the events they have there!
                        They have a very fun events, really!
                        But, even a regular ranked games are fun and addictive as hell!

Comment

Usually a draft is from a specific block or set. A cube is a certain number of cards (for example 360 or 720) from any block/set but that is defined for that block. So you can get interesting card interactions that you wouldn't normally have in a normal booster draft, block draft, standard/modern/vintage constructed or any other format. In some way it is maybe closer to what you would have in a casual setting where people only spent on MtG at certain times and so do not have the meta of modern/standard/vintage/etc.

Also, the draft part means that you get to do deck design and deck play at the same time.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Learn about different ways to play Magic: The Gathering, including number of players, legal cards, and how to build your deck.

With Eternal Masters on the way, now is a great time to try building a cube, and Melissa has all the tips you need to ensure it's a terrific one!

Booster Draft is a limited format in Magic: The Gathering in which players take turns opening booster packs to create a 40 card deck.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              Usually a draft is from a specific block or set. A cube is a certain number of cards (for example 360 or 720) from any block/set but that is defined for that block. So you can get interesting card interactions that you wouldn't normally have in a normal booster draft, block draft, standard/modern/vintage constructed or any other format. In some way it is maybe closer to what you would have in a casual setting where people only spent on MtG at certain times and so do not have the meta of modern/standard/vintage/etc.

Also, the draft part means that you get to do deck design and deck play at the same time.

JM
                              Ok, now I get it, thanks!
                              They have that kind of fun over there!
                              I got one of my legendary plane walkers in one of such events.

Comment

Working...
                              X