Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can McDonald's call its quarter pounder burger that name when it isn't a quarter pound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can McDonald's call its quarter pounder burger that name when it isn't a quarter pound?

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/mc...sh-beef-burger

So McD's switched to new fresh never frozen burgers but to compensate for the increased costs they shrank all their burgers. The new fresh never frozen "quarter pounder" is actually six patties to one pound uncooked. That means each party is 0.167 pounds and not the advertised 0.25 pounds. How can they legally get away with pretending a burger is a quarter pound when it is actually a third less weight than that before they even cook it?
    Last edited by Dinner; December 12, 2018, 18:08.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Classic Oerdin-Thradeâ„¢

Some things never change.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Actually, it does sound like a lawsuit waiting to happen...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

As McDonald’s Corp. transitions from frozen to fresh beef for its Quarter Pounders, the burger giant is also testing fresh product for a smaller Archburger.

“The size of the beef patty involved is (pre-cooked weight) six to a pound, marking the first time in recent memory that McDonald's U.S. is testing fresh beef for something other than quarter-pound burger patties,†reported Mark Kalinowski, an analyst with Instinet, on Tuesday.
        The article says the Archburger has a one-sixth-pound patty, it does not say the quarter pounder does.

Comment

I'm shocked to hear that he didn't read the article carefully. Shocked I tell you.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had a quarter pounder today and it sure looked smaller though I only have one or two per year.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Discerning McDonalds connoisseurs want to know!

Perhaps the patty costs McDonalds 1/4th of a GBP? Or only 1/4th of the meat comes from the pound?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I had a quarter pounder today and it sure looked smaller though I only have one or two per year.
                Maybe you've gotten bigger?

Comment

reminds me of a drug dealer I knew a long time ago, a quarter (of a gram) was actually a fifth

Comment

And of course the difference between an "ounce" and a "lid"
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X