Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thought "privately operated detention centers" were a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thought "privately operated detention centers" were a good idea?

Roxsana Rodriguez died following lack of medical treatment in a privately run immigration detention center. An autopsy concludes that she was beaten.

Yeah, let's hire private corporations who have an incentive to provide as little care as possible to handle our prisoners.

Someone who couldn't earn a living legitimately.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

supporters of the prison-industrial complex?
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I doubt many people did though, honestly, the worst part is that those private companies could then lobby the state and federal governments for longer sentences so those companies could make more money.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

what a nightmarish thread title and even more so a practise. On the good side, my ultrascans came through, clean as a kite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OBoW5XOZkc

Comment

Look up GEO. It is all you need to know. Although in this case, the private company actually trades under the symbol CXW.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

What? Your proposal is to send inmates to geostationary Earth orbit?
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I don't know if it's GEO or not, but the Government of Canada has allowed the arms length public Canadian Pension Plan to invest in publicly traded [strike]prison camps[/strike] privately operated detention centres in the US. A great many Canadians are not amused.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                X