No announcement yet.

Is this Dutchman close to immortality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Dutchman close to immortality?

A Dutch "positivity trainer" has launched a legal battle to change his age and boost his dating prospects.

Emile Ratelband, 69, wants to shift his birthday from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969, comparing the change to identifying as being transgender.

"We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can't I decide my own age?" he said.

A local court in the eastern city of Arnhem is expected to rule on the case within four weeks.

However officials were sceptical about the case, believing there was no legal mechanism allowing a person to change their birth date, local reports said.

(..)
    full: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46133262

That's a genius thing! If he wins, he could change repeatedly to remain always younger, and so would never get old or die!
    Blah

Maybe he should make himself 16 ... then he could sue cinema operators if they let him in into age 18+ movies without controlling his passport for his age
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This guy is clearly insane. Better to make yourself older to collect retirement early, senior discounts, excuses for forgetting things, and get lots of compliments about how good you look for your age.

Comment

I would legally change my age to 10000, claim the world is mine and demand reparations.

Comment

Also think of the interest in your bank account...
          Blah

Comment

Working...
          X