No announcement yet.

Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although the creator of Felix the cat was born in Australia, he was in the USA at the time he created Felix.
    Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

• I watched 11.22.63, an 8-ep miniseries from 2016.

Technically ScFi (with time travel), though that's rather unimportant, until a short bit at the end.

The rest is history, and alternate history (save JFK!) and thriller stuff, rather slowish, but I liked it.

It does a good job of viewing the 60ies as "good old times" on the one hand, but not that good on the other, so while it looks like it just wades in nostalgia (and sometimes it does), it also moves pleasantly away from it often to highlight diffs between now and then.
      Blah

Comment

• Wife and I were fans of Survivor, so we decided to re-watch the entire show starting with season 1. There are currently 40 seasons of 15-18 45 minute episodes each season. This may take awhile.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife and I a doing a long-overdue re-run through Babylon 5 -- just a couple episodes or so a week, so it will take awhile. Fun fact: the first 3-5 episodes are much worse than I remember them. But since then it has locked into a pretty decent rhythm and we're quite enjoying it.

• "This Is A Robbery" -- Netflix; a 4-part documentary on the unsolved 1990 Gardner Museum art heist in Boston.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• "Fanaticism is to superstition what delirium is to fever and fury to anger." -Voltaire

Comment

• At the moment: Sexify on Netflix

Polish comedy series anout a female student of computer science (virgin, sociially awkward and perfectionist) who is close to her diploma thesis.
            Because her initial plan for a diploma thesis, an app about efficient sleep, it too boring for her tutorm she needs to find a diploma topic, that is much more sexy.
            Which she does ... with the help of fellow students

I like it ... it is funny and smart

Heere a trailer:

Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 11, 2021, 13:45.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Peppa pig (ugh)
              "

Comment

• No Country for Old Men. Found it excellent.
                Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                  Peppa pig (ugh)
                  There should be a thread about what kid's shows/movies are not too bad....

I put forward Shaun the Sheep and Tumble Leaf.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• We are still watching about 40x kid's TV compared to where we want to be and about 13x compared to where we were before the pandemic.

JM
                    (Obviously I watch very little of it)
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Interestingly specific multiplier numbers...

• I'm watching the expanse, now that i have Prime I can continue where I was when Netflix dropped it.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

There should be a thread about what kid's shows/movies are not too bad....

I put forward Shaun the Sheep and Tumble Leaf.

JM
                      I will have to check those out. My least favorite so far is Daniel Tiger, it really rubs me the wrong way: the child characters are morons and the adults are condescending. I expected better from PBS...
                      "

Comment

• At the moment, now that I have completed Sexify), Love, Death and Robots, Season 2, on Netflix
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Watching Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix right at this moment.

Comment

• fe

​

Comment

Working...
                            X