Of Mice and Wo(Men)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Mice and Wo(Men)

Researchers at the Chinese Academy of Sciences have produced healthy mice from two mothers that were then able to have healthy offspring themselves. The research published today in Cell Stem Cell, aimed to discover why it is so challenging for animals of the same sex to reproduce, showing that stem cells and gene editing may be able to overcome these barriers.

full: https://www.forbes.com/sites/victori.../#43765ed95a75

OMG! Men made irrelevant completely now!!1!!!
    Blah

It'd be much better if they figured out how keep mice from reproducing. Now that would be something!

Comment

But wouldn't this have devastating consequences for them cats?

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        Cats often kill for sport. They will just find something else to eat. Trust me... I know felines all too well.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yah, they could always turn on their humans if they run out of other animals to torture and kill.

Comment

Incidentally, this is part of why we don’t let the cats in our bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Yah, they could always turn on their humans if they run out of other animals to torture and kill.
              Miss Kitty would never do that. Plus she loves her minced wet chicken (instinct food is the best for dogs and cats imho!)... but what sucks is if I open up any sort of container... she comes bolting at top speed. I can't eat anything canned.

We have a similar personality. I'm a slightly bipolar emo... so I have the personality that matches well with a cat.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                Not to mention ferrets.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Miss Kitty would never do that. Plus she loves her minced wet chicken (instinct food is the best for dogs and cats imho!)... but what sucks is if I open up any sort of container... she comes bolting at top speed. I can't eat anything canned.

We have a similar personality. I'm a slightly bipolar emo... so I have the personality that matches well with a cat.
                  What do you think will happen when global warming disrupts your supply of minced wet chicken? Miss Kitty will have to hunt down her own food, sleep with one eye open!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

What do you think will happen when global warming disrupts your supply of minced wet chicken? Miss Kitty will have to hunt down her own food, sleep with one eye open!
                    Oh puh-lease.

Comment

sim ett rea

Comment

Working...
                      X