Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Please permit me this opportunity to present my independent assessment of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Before I do this, I want to emphasize two important points:
    1. This memorandum contains my own independent assessment of Dr. Ford’s allegations, based upon my independent review of the evidence and my nearly 25 years of experience as a career prosecutor of sex-related and other crimes in Arizona. This memorandum does not necessarily reflect the views of the Chairman, any committee member, or any other senator. No senator reviewed or approved this memorandum before its release, and I was not pressured in any way to write this memorandum or to write any words in this memorandum with which I do not fully agree. The words written in this memorandum are mine, and I fully stand by all of them. While I am a registered Republican, I am not a political or partisan person.
    2. A Senate confirmation hearing is not a trial, especially not a prosecution. The Chairman made the following statement on September 25, 2018, after he hired me:
    As I have said, I’m committed to providing a forum to both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh on Thursday that is safe, comfortable and dignified. The majority members have followed the bipartisan recommendation to hire as staff counsel for the committee an experienced career sex-crimes prosecutor to question the witnesses at Thursday’s hearing. The goal is to de-politicize the process and get to the truth, instead of grandstanding and giving senators an opportunity to launch their presidential campaigns. I’m very appreciative that Rachel Mitchell has stepped forward to serve in this important and serious role. Ms. Mitchell has been recognized in the legal community for her experience and objectivity. I’ve worked to give Dr. Ford an opportunity to share serious allegations with committee members in any format she’d like after learning of the allegations. I promised Dr. Ford that I would do everything in my power to avoid a repeat of the ‘circus’ atmosphere in the hearing room that we saw the week of September 4. I’ve taken this additional step to have questions asked by expert staff counsel to establish the most fair and respectful treatment of the witnesses possible.
    That is how I approached my job. There is no clear standard of proof for allegations made during the Senate’s confirmation process. But the world in which I work is the legal world, not the political world. Thus, I can only provide my assessment of Dr. Ford’s allegations in that legal context.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

You brought it up, you can quote it... I'll read what you consider impeachable.

I'd love to see what she thought of Kavanaugh's response to 'are you the Bart Kavanaugh in Mike Judge's book?'

Dumb ass

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Pretty good question. I don't have a good answer for you on that one. I have a few theories. Best one I can say is that the math was still 6 to 3, and the democrats have consistently fought against shifting to a 5 to 4 position, that they were last in with Bork and Thomas. It's always the 6 to 3 to 5 to 4 that they fight the hardest. Gorsuch for Scalia moved the court leftwards.

Kav was confirmed to the DC appellates after waiting for three years from 2003 to 2006. Why didn't Ford bring up these allegations then?

When and where? If you're talking about the therapy sessions, there's no record that she mentioned Kavanaugh specifically and her ex husband stated that he never heard her talk about Kavanaugh at all.

What party? Did Ford give a date when the alleged party occurred? All the people that Ford claims were there deny that there was a party. Her best friend can't recall a time when Ford and Kavanaugh were at the same party together. Ever.

The big one for me is why did Diane Feinstein not introduce these allegations during the hearings for Kavanaugh? Ford submitted them to her in July, as her congressional records show. Why wait? The only gain they got from waiting is to try to run out the clock on Kavanaugh.
    1) it didn't happen to Gorsuch because he didn't sexually assault a woman, or not one willing to come forward anyway

2) Ford didn't act until he was on the short list for SCOTUS, his power was limited to a lower court with judges above him and she was unwilling at that time to expose herself to the circus

3)
    Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, said in his affidavit that he first heard about his wife’s experience with an assault when they were married in 2002, but that he did not know the details of the alleged incident until a couple’s therapy session about 10 years later.

“She said that in high school she had been trapped in a room and physically restrained by one boy who was molesting her while another boy watched,” Ford wrote in the affidavit. “She said she was eventually able to escape before she was raped, but that her experience was very traumatic because she felt like she had no control and was physically dominated.”

Ford wrote that his wife named Kavanaugh
    Brett Kavanaugh’s first accuser spoke of a high-school incident, anger at Brock Turner case at Stanford, according to four sworn affidavits given to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

4) She couldn't remember the date and it doesn't matter if the other people could remember, they weren't the victim of sexual assault. I've been to countless parties I cant remember because nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. But Kavanaugh's calendar did show a date - July 1st 1982. That was in the time frame and according to the calendar entry, the 3 boys she named are on it. Thats why Kavanaugh came up with that nonsense about how he couldn't have been at the party because he only attended parties on the weekends and he spent weekends that summer out of town.

5) Feinstein was asked by Ford to keep her identity confidential. Ford initially went to Eshoo (her congresswoman) and she did this trying to get the message to Trump to choose someone else. That didn't work for whatever reason (maybe Eshoo and Feinstein didn't tell Trump) so Ford was faced with remaining anonymous and watching Kavanaugh be confirmed without people knowing about him or eventually coming forward at great risk to herself and family. She's got bigger balls than Trump and Kavanaugh combined.

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    commented on 's reply
    Women don't come forward with allegations because of fear and threats. Specifically from stupid men like you.

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Look at how Benidicious ignores more facts and doesn't address the stolen memos.

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    The entire report explains why her testimony was not credible. I'm sure that you would prefer that I quote the report instead of reading the entire thing.
    You brought it up, you can quote it... I'll read what you consider impeachable.

I'd love to see what she thought of Kavanaugh's response to 'are you the Bart Kavanaugh in Mike Judge's book?'

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Why didn't that happen to Gorsuch?
    Pretty good question. I don't have a good answer for you on that one. I have a few theories. Best one I can say is that the math was still 6 to 3, and the democrats have consistently fought against shifting to a 5 to 4 position, that they were last in with Bork and Thomas. It's always the 6 to 3 to 5 to 4 that they fight the hardest. Gorsuch for Scalia moved the court leftwards.

No, it wouldn't change my perception one bit - I watched the source testify under oath and she was credible.
    Kav was confirmed to the DC appellates after waiting for three years from 2003 to 2006. Why didn't Ford bring up these allegations then?

As for the timing, she told people about Kavanaugh years ago.
    When and where? If you're talking about the therapy sessions, there's no record that she mentioned Kavanaugh specifically and her ex husband stated that he never heard her talk about Kavanaugh at all.

It was Kavanaugh who lied, he lied about the extent of his drinking, he lied about being "Bart" Kavanaugh in his buddy's book, his lies were numerous and transparent. Did you see his explanation as to why he couldn't have been at the party? He didn't party during the week and he spent weekends out of town that summer. His own calendar disagrees.
    What party? Did Ford give a date when the alleged party occurred? All the people that Ford claims were there deny that there was a party. Her best friend can't recall a time when Ford and Kavanaugh were at the same party together. Ever.

The big one for me is why did Diane Feinstein not introduce these allegations during the hearings for Kavanaugh? Ford submitted them to her in July, as her congressional records show. Why wait? The only gain they got from waiting is to try to run out the clock on Kavanaugh.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure why it took you so long? He's from South America and he constantly rails against the evil capitalists. Solid anti-Semite.

• Kidlicious
    commented on 's reply
    First of all lying under oath isn't necessarily perjury. You don't know what you're talking about.

Second, since he was falsely accused no one gives two ****s about his defense, period.

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You didn't read Rachel Mitchell's report but you think Ford's testimony was credible. Read the report.
    You believe a partisan hack? Of course you would.

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Kavanaugh was extensively deceptive about many matters throughout his testimony. Only kidiot would have believed him.

Oh and what entire report? Her testimony was highly credible and even Trump said that (before he changed his mind - that dementia!).

Kavanaugh lied under oath about multiple things, including this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e145c3d1595c

Kavanaugh lied about stolen memos ending up in his possession. Expect this to come up later during the impeachment proceedings.

So yea... I think Ms Ford's testimony is the least of his problems.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    commented on 's reply
    Still, no matter what the credibility of Ms Fords testimony is, Berzs point stands, that Kavanaugh lied under oath.
    Considering that lying under oath (for a trivial matter like an extramarital affair) did almost get a PotUS impeached, this shouldn't be treaterd lightly.
    I would think that an offense that almost got a PotUS impeached is an absolute NoGo criterion for an applicant for the position of Supreme Court

• Kidlicious
    commented on 's reply
    The entire report explains why her testimony was not credible. I'm sure that you would prefer that I quote the report instead of reading the entire thing.

• Berzerker
    commented on 's reply
    go ahead and quote the report

• Berzerker
    replied
    Yes, I think she was credible... But I dont need her to tell me Kavanaugh lied. I watched him testify too and he lied about several matters and then behaved like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum because he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Mr Kavanaugh, would you like the FBI to investigate this accusation?

What was his response? Yes, no, maybe? He will do what the committee wants. That wasn't the question. His responses didn't get better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X