Life sux when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life sux when...

... you wait for a 30 GB download to finish. Feel free to continue.

(just bought XCOM 2 "War of the Chosen")
    Blah

(life's gonna suck when you try to embed a video, apparently)
    Last edited by Lorizael; September 19, 2018, 17:55.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Vampires, vacuums

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Nahhh...
        Life really sucks when you are waiting for a 30 GB download to finish, and your internet connection goes down when you only have 1 GB left to go

Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or when your internet connection goes down and steam won't let you use the offline mode.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Or when you think you got enough disc space on your SSD to install, then find out that the game needs 2x dl size of free space to install because of temporary install files.

Which is what happened to me yesterday

And to add insult to injury, after I dl-ed those 30 GB, found out install doesn't work because of the above, I could not even use them ALREADY D-LED 30 GB to install on another medium with enough free space.

Looks like I have to dl them all again for that
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
              Or when your internet connection goes down and steam won't let you use the offline mode.
              that bogys

Comment

As I thought I had to dl this again, to a disc with more free space. There the installation went well. Of course that was my old-fashioned HD, which is way slower than SSD

But on the plus side, Steam has a useful feature to move game files after the installation is complete.

So while the SSD did not have enough for the DL plus the temporary installation stuff it has plenty for the completed installation, allowing me to move it there again

Soon I might be able to play this thing!

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Life sucks when you want gigabit internet service and one compqny has it but it costs $120 per month with a $150 hook up fee and a 24 month contract needed. The other gigabit service tells me their much cheaper (only $90 per month with no hook fee and only a 12 month contract needed) service isn't available in my neighborhood qnd the best they can give me is 100mb per second for $50 per month. I want real competition.

Cox acts like I should be grateful they will allow me to get any gigabit service at all.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                    I have a steam problem right now. I bought a fancy new gaming desktop with a lovely 27 inch LG monitor so I finally decided to buy Hearts of Iron 4 with all the expansions and DLC. Steam says the dlc is downloaded and installed but there are clear expansion pack features which are not there. WTF?

Comment

Contact Steam support.

I just had a major upgrade myself. Bought a Geforce 1080... Cost a pretty penny. I need full upgradeability and put my mark on it. So mine is fully custom built. I was playing Battlefield 1 and the new Tomb raider yesterday. Lovely on a 4k Samsung screen (TN is better for gaming compared to IPS, IPS is better for business /productivity).
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Mine is IPS.

Comment

I am facing a problem with the streaming of the game. It is so disgusting and troublesome as I was close to winning the game. I play DOTA 2 along with my friends but streaming is making the things horrible.
                          Call 1-888-822-0011 for HD Cable TV & fastest internet providers in your area. Get your hands on best Cable TV, Phone and Home internet providers.

Comment

• Broken_Erika
                            Broken_Erika commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Will you be my robot?

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          Mine is IPS.
                          Don't get me wrong, they are very good for gaming. But the response time on TNs are better.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

For ppl who care and own "war of the chosen" - there is a new DLC available for free now, but only for a limited period of time.

It add's another 4-5 GB

And while the game is superdupercool on the one hand, it is also supermega annoying on the other IMO (stupid UI, way too much unskippable cutscenes or voice comments etc).

Just saying.
                            Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X