Iraq is on interventionists, Syria on non-interventionists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq is on interventionists, Syria on non-interventionists

Blatantly stolen the title from an article I read a while ago in da Guardian.

Was there anything that should have been done differently in regard to Syria in the past years? Any form of military action from the west could have been like Iraq, or worse. However, with a couple 100k dead now the "intervention makes things worse" argument is kinda tricky...Discuss.

And yeah, the European approach (if it deserves that name - it mostly consists of rather helpless appeals to dialogue) in this crisis is/was a total failure.
    Blah

Had Syria released Hillarys eMails, Obama wouldn't have found a reason to intervene on behalf of the rebels (in order to keep Hillarys eMails a secret)

Therefore Syria wouldn't have been wekened, ISIS wouldn't have risen up in Iraq and countless people would still be alive today.

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

So invading a neighbor, destabilizing the region, arming a bunch of “freedom fighters” then invading Syria with allies isn’t intervening?

Comment

Its not intervention unless the American flag is raised over the Syrian Presidential Palace! or whatever their equivalent is called..
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          So invading a neighbor, destabilizing the region, arming a bunch of “freedom fighters” then invading Syria with allies isn’t intervening?
          I guess the guy who wrote it meant something to end the civil war completely. Whether that is realistic or turned out "better" is of course a diff. question.

Blah

Comment

Well if you’re going to blame non-interventionists for something that happened, you have to make a compelling case that intervention was possible (for the non-interventionists) in a way that would have brought about a better end. Otherwise nonintervention has to be considered the right move.

Comment

Well Iraq is supposed to be a beacon of Democracy for all the other ****holes to follow.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Well if you’re going to blame non-interventionists for something that happened, you have to make a compelling case that intervention was possible (for the non-interventionists) in a way that would have brought about a better end. Otherwise nonintervention has to be considered the right move.
                Don't see how we could let ISIS take over Iraq. We intervened in the sense that we protected Iraq and defeated ISIS.

Comment

A lot of similarities between neocons and leftwing globalists. It shouldn't be surprising to see W and Obama get a long so well.

Comment

Witch Hunt!
                    Blah

Comment

Witches of Mass Destruction were never found!

Comment

Witches of Mass Destruction were never found!
                        They're in the White House.
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

who?

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

They're in the White House.
                            Did you believe the first lie?

Comment

Working...
                            X