X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Asswhip Thread

So, what's whipping your azz today?

Here is mine for 8.28.2018:

Why does my car... with more processing power than all of Earth's computers in existence in 1968... why does it still have a "check engine" light? Can't it just, you know, TELL ME what is wrong? Why do I have to take it into the shop so some yag can hook it up to ANOTHER COMPUTER to tell me that the alternator is going, or it's throwing a piston, or whatever?

I mean, the damn thing has a full-color screen the size of an old-style Macintosh monitor and has no problem telling me what song is playing on the radio, who the band is, and what year the song was released. It can scroll through my phones contact list and make phone calls. It can play videos. It can calculate my gas efficiency depending upon how hard I am pressing the gas pedal. It monitors my tire pressure for each tire. It tells me how long my oil is good for.

But for some reason I am forced to go to some dimbulbs auto shop because, while it can tell HIM what is wrong with the engine, that information apparently can't be told to me, the guy who owns it.

Anyway, so what's whipping your azz today?

I routinely get annoyed by that kind of plastic packaging that comes with a little extra piece saying "open here", but - often - when you actually try that, all you get off is the little plastic piece, while the rest of the package is still closed
    Blah

Comment

Pretty sure it's that way because car manufacturers (and their associated dealerships) want it that way. You can acquire/buy a little gizmo that plugs into a port on your car and spits out the specific code generating your check engine light. (And you can google the codes.)
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Which is what the guy at the auto shop does. And sometimes the codes don't even point to a single issue and makes you guess.

And I read the title to this thread as wiping your ass.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          I routinely get annoyed by that kind of plastic packaging that comes with a little extra piece saying "open here", but - often - when you actually try that, all you get off is the little plastic piece, while the rest of the package is still closed
          er... wrong quote... let's try this again...

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Pretty sure it's that way because car manufacturers (and their associated dealerships) want it that way. You can acquire/buy a little gizmo that plugs into a port on your car and spits out the specific code generating your check engine light. (And you can google the codes.)

Well, yeah, I get that it's a ****ing scam to get me in the ****ing dealership, but it still whips my ass.
          Last edited by JohnT; August 28, 2018, 10:37.

Comment

I think you quoted the wrong post.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ass... WHIPPED!

Comment

I thought this thread for kidiot lol.

As far as the car, don't get me started. My previous 1999 Corolla really pissed me off. Now I never buy used. I have a 2015 Versa now and am shopping around for something slightly upgraded.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I frecked the right wing. I mean I seriousyly frecked it. Now I have to live up to expectations. I think I can do that. Car runs just fine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbMy2J2IDs

Comment

OTOH I'm positive I can do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGRqnNEOpe0

Comment

Aaawww shucks! I thought this was going to be some sort of BDSM thread.
                      False Advertising!
                      Last edited by Broken_Erika; August 28, 2018, 14:34.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

From urban dictionary

bsdm
                        A word that is used by idiots when trying to search for BDSM.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Broken_Erika
                          Broken_Erika commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Close enough.

Can I just say there is a special place in Hell for people who make radio ads which feature traffic sounds like sirens and honking horns?

Comment

Working...
                        X