No announcement yet.

Women as property in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upfront costs may not seem that much, but the maintenance will kill you.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      In one sense ownership means that you control something, not just being able to sell it. It that sense people own their children to some extent, and so does the government. The government owns us all, by definition, to some extent. Progressives want the government to own us more, so they are crazy.
      For me, there is a difference between owning and being responsible for.
      I remember a shocking scene in the Munich U-Bahn of a mother treating her children like dirt, humiliating them in public. When she noticed the angry look of disapproval on the faces of other passengers, she simply said "They are mine, I own them, I whatever I want with/to them". If I knew her, I would have called the social services on her.
      Compare it to what I think should be the right mindset: "Our children have been entrusted to us, we are responsible for what happen to them".

For me, good parents are responsible for their children, they don't own them.

I own my car, I do whatever I want with it, for my sole benefit. I am responsible for my children I do only things for THEIR own benefit, not mine.
      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry View Post

For me, there is a difference between owning and being responsible for.
        I remember a shocking scene in the Munich U-Bahn of a mother treating her children like dirt, humiliating them in public. When she noticed the angry look of disapproval on the faces of other passengers, she simply said "They are mine, I own them, I whatever I want with/to them". If I knew her, I would have called the social services on her.
        Compare it to what I think should be the right mindset: "Our children have been entrusted to us, we are responsible for what happen to them".

For me, good parents are responsible for their children, they don't own them.

I own my car, I do whatever I want with it, for my sole benefit. I am responsible for my children I do only things for THEIR own benefit, not mine.
        That's where I think treatment of women and children is different. With children sometimes you have to thinkabout other people and yourself, because they don't know how to be respectful. You can't treat women like that anymore. If you think they need to be more respectful that's really too bad for you and everyone else. Just about anything you do to try to get her to be respectful is domestic violence.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	respect-my-authoritae.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	9352908

Comment

If you think they need to be more respectful that's really too bad for you and everyone else. Just about anything you do to try to get her to be respectful is domestic violence.
            Your misogyny is peaking through again. Did you learn this from one of your man support group for divorced men?
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you think they need to be more respectful that's really too bad for you and everyone else. Just about anything you do to try to get her to be respectful is domestic violence.
              And what about if the man is being disrespectful????
              And who the **** are you to dictate to others, male or female, that you think they should be more respectful

It's obvious from you above statement why your marriage was probably doomed from the start.

Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                And what about if the man is being disrespectful????
                And who the **** are you to dictate to others, male or female, that you think they should be more respectful

It's obvious from you above statement why your marriage was probably doomed from the start.
                I said nothing about how I treat women or my ex-wife. I see that you like to make things up and copy your brother.

Comment

I remember that I wrote an essay about selling wives in XVIII-XIX in England when I was a student in college. This English custom is described in Thomas Hardy's novel The Mayor of Castenbridge, where the main character sells his wife, but he becomes so ashamed that he dies. Sale of the spouse was completely standard procedure: the spouse brought his second half to the square. He led her on a leash attached to her neck. Wife went up to the stage, and the bidding began. The spoiled wife was transferred to the man who gave more money. So, if you are interested, read more here. Below you can see the picture "Selling a Wife", written by Thomas Rowlandson in 1812-1814. And also the sale of a wife in England on one of the French engravings, dating back to 1820.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I said nothing about how I treat women or my ex-wife. I see that you like to make things up and copy your brother.
                    First, you did start your post with "That's where I think treatment of women and children..."
                    So yes, you are stating your opinion.
                    And second, please show me where i said anything about how you treated your ex-wife.
                    I didn't.

I did state that if those were your views that your marriage was probably doomed from the start, which is an opinion
                    Nowhere did I say you actually treated your ex-wife like that... so who is the one making things up here.
                    YOU AS USUAL

Keep on Civin'

Comment

That's where I think treatment of women and children is different. With children sometimes you have to thinkabout other people and yourself, because they don't know how to be respectful. You can't treat women like that anymore. If you think they need to be more respectful that's really too bad for you and everyone else. Just about anything you do to try to get her to be respectful is domestic violence.
                      WTF, do you understand the difference between fear and respect ?
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post

If your children don't learn to fear the law you have failed.

Comment

Considering his lack of understanding of the most basic things, why do you think he would understand that?
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If your children don't learn to fear the law you have failed.
                            No... my children learned to respect the law, much better than fear

Keep on Civin'

Comment

As long as you're not black.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by sawyertom View Post
                                I remember that I wrote an essay about selling wives in XVIII-XIX in England when I was a student in college. This English custom is described in Thomas Hardy's novel The Mayor of Castenbridge, where the main character sells his wife, but he becomes so ashamed that he dies. Sale of the spouse was completely standard procedure: the spouse brought his second half to the square. He led her on a leash attached to her neck. Wife went up to the stage, and the bidding began. The spoiled wife was transferred to the man who gave more money. So, if you are interested, read more here. Below you can see the picture "Selling a Wife", written by Thomas Rowlandson in 1812-1814. And also the sale of a wife in England on one of the French engravings, dating back to 1820.
                                And this is not fiction? Nor is it an illegal practise?

I know that back in the time of piracy, slavery and Barbary coast, you could get rid of your enemy (or your spouse) by selling them to slavers, but that wasn't exactly legal.
                                The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                                X