Golfing Legend Jim Colbert will be in Town to Kick Our Butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfing Legend Jim Colbert will be in Town to Kick Our Butts

I'm playing the Kansas Cup this year for my home course. We play 6 matches with other courses in NE Kansas, its a chance to play some nice courses in match play formats with variants like alternate shot and 4 ball etc. Last week we went to Colbert Hills in Manhattan Kansas - a course designed by Jim Colbert. We won 5-4 so Jim is coming to town this week to avenge the loss. Yup, and he tees off right after my 4-some. I dont need the added pressure. I have some avenging to do myself, I lost my match last week 2-1

Well good luck... Sounds like fun
    And may you get your revenge
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Cool.
      Yeah good luck. You could always pull out the staff of rah.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd rather just watch him play I like match play but I dont like the pressure of competitive golf, especially when I'm playing for a team. I dont like losing and its worse when losing affects other people. And I dont care for winning that much either, I feel bad for my opponent.

Makes me think of that Twilight Zone episode - Mighty Casey Strikes Out - where a scientist builds a robot that pitches for a minor league team. The robot strikes everyone out. Then the scientist gives the robot empathy and the robot lets everyone rip his pitches and he just smiles as they hit homers off him.

Comment

well, that was a nothingburger... Jim Colbert had a scheduling conflict and didn't show Probably good for us, the team match was tied and I lost my match 1 dn on the 18th hole

Comment

Now I dont know if Colbert was there or not, my buddy came out for a bit and said he saw him

Comment

oh well that sucks
              glad i logged in
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

me too, you should do it more often

Comment

okay, Jim Colbert did show up and he did play... He shot 71 on a par 70 course and he's 77 years old

must be nice to shoot better than your age

his team in 4 ball halved the match with ours

Comment

Working...
                  X