But her emails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But her emails!

White House aides were reportedly caught off guard by President Trump's informal phone call with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, learning about the call only after Canada's foreign ministry published a readout.

The Washington Post reports that Trump began handing out his personal cellphone number to a few world leaders shortly after his inauguration, including to the leaders of Mexico and Canada, and that Trudeau took advantage of the opportunity to call the president in April 2017 to speak about trade issues.

White House aides, according to a senior U.S. official who spoke to the Post, were totally unaware that the call had even occurred.
    “We had no idea what happened,” the official said.

The White House would later put out a short readout of the call based on Trump's memory between the two leaders, according to the Post.
    "The two leaders discussed the dairy trade in Wisconsin, New York State, and various other places. They also discussed lumber coming into the United States," the full White House release said. "It was a very amicable call."

A much lengthier Canadian readout from the call stated that the pair discussed dairy trade between the two nations, which Canada said “heavily favors the U.S.”

The Associated Press reported last year that Trump had also given his cellphone number to French President Emmanuel Macron, but noted that Macron's office would not comment on whether the French leader planned to actually use the line.

White House aides urged Trump to route future calls with world leaders through the White House Situation Room, as required by federal records law, according to the Post, and there are no other confirmed calls between Trump and world leaders on his personal cellphone.

A group of Senate Democrats asked the president's counterintelligence chief in June for a threat assessment on Trump's cellphone usage, which they called "reckless" and a danger to national security in a letter.

"We are especially concerned about recent reporting that President Trump has eschewed the advice of counterintelligence experts and opted to use unsecured commercial devices for telephone calls and internet use. We believe this conduct is reckless and could endanger sensitive U.S. national security interests," the Democratic senators wrote.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...trudeau-report

He'll just pardon himself.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

An unsecured commercial smartphone? If Obama or Hillary did that, the GOP would be calling for their heads.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Same goes for private eMail servers ... Hillary using a non governmental private eMail server is the most criminal thing someone in employment of the government ever has done.
        But noone from the GOP government seems to care about the fact that Ivanka and Jared also used a private eMail server for governmental communication during their first year in their Job in the WH

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Hillary Rodman Clinton used her personal email to conduct government business.

I have to stop typing now, I am at the age where if I get too upset I could get physically sick.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The GOP House committee is disgusting... They're accusing Strozk of trying to help Hillary when he could have leaked Trump's campaign was under investigation.

Comment

Is anybody actually surprised by that? except for the mindless trumpettes.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Berz, you are missing the point. Hillary D. Rodman Clinton compromised the security of this nation. Who knows what classified information that are now in the hands of terrorists thanks to her emails. I no longer feel safe right now.

This is the only issue the committee should be discussing.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

that she did... her private server made us less safe from what I can see

Comment

Glad to see you are finally coming around!

So we can count on your Trump vote in 2020?
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

nah, Gary Johnson or Bill Weld will get my vote

Comment

I can see you still need time to think about it. I understand. Just remember though, Berz:

In 2020 Donald Trump will Make America Great Again!
                        Order of the Fly

Comment

... by ceasing to be President? :hope:

Comment

Trump is a total moron. And isn't he still using a Galaxy S3? How old is that phone? On an ancient Droid OS. Total buffoon with **** approval ratings.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                              Trump is a total moron. And isn't he still using a Galaxy S3? How old is that phone? On an ancient Droid OS. Total buffoon with **** approval ratings.
                              And making phone calls with foreign leaders on it. And if pressed, you just Know what the republicans will say.....
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X