SCOTUS nomination and conformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

How many openly atheist or agnostic people are there in high offices in the US government?
    That's besides the point. I just told you that and you still don't get it. The Congress can not give a religious test to candidates for government appointments. When did Congress give an atheist a religious test since the 1950s?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That's besides the point. I just told you that and you still don't get it. The Congress can not give a religious test to candidates for government appointments. When did Congress give an atheist a religious test since the 1950s?
      That's the voters job.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

How many openly atheist or agnostic people are lucky pants features review in high offices in the US government?
        Too many.
        Last edited by Knockaert; July 12, 2018, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Knockaert View Post

Too many.

Comment

How many openly atheist or agnostic people are there in high offices in the US government?
            Not enough if the government is supposed to be truly representative of the people
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post

Not enough if the government is supposed to be truly representative of the people
              Ds don't play by those rules. Crowley lost because his opponent called him a white male.

Comment

Ds don't play by those rules. Crowley lost because his opponent called him a white male.
                Well, in Trumps government at least, white males don't need to fear to be underrepresented.
                Trumps WH is the most white male dominated WH since the time that black people got the permission to vote or take office
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The 114th Congress, which gets to "work" on Tuesday, is one of the most diverse in American history, comprised of nearly 20 percent women and just over 17 percent of which is non-white. Which means, of course, that four out of five members of Congress are white and four out of five are men.
                  Yes, 80 percent male and 80 percent white. The poor white man is so persecuted in the US and under-represented in the government.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well... gee... he is a white male
                    At least they didn't make up some insulting nick name like Trump does

Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post

Well... gee... he is a white male
                      At least they didn't make up some insulting nick name like Trump does
                      Pretty sure the Ds would loose their poop if Trump did that.

Comment

Well, in Trumps government at least, white males don't need to fear to be underrepresented.
                        Trumps WH is the most white male dominated WH since the time that black people got the permission to vote or take office
                        You have a problem with white men?

Comment

You have a problem with white men?
                          Only with gross displays of misrepresentations of the population

Not even the Obama WH actually represented the population statistics (still too few black persons versus white ones), but the white maleness of the Trump government tops everything.

That is quite a problem if old white men have to decide over thing with which they have no personal experience ...
                          like pregnancies (and including abortions and maternity leave) or being black (and having to experience daily discrimination)
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Only with gross displays of misrepresentations of the population

Not even the Obama WH actually represented the population statistics (still too few black persons versus white ones), but the white maleness of the Trump government tops everything.

That is quite a problem if old white men have to decide over thing with which they have no personal experience ...
                            like pregnancies (and including abortions and maternity leave) or being black (and having to experience daily discrimination)
                            Well I hope he picks the woman for the Court. Do you support her?

Comment

Well I hope he picks the woman for the Court. Do you support her?
                              Depends on her credentials
                              I would, for example, never ever support Sarah Palin for any position in the government whatsoever and I also wouldn't have supported Gina Haspel for the position as head of the CIA, as she is a ruthless torturer who has already hinted that she wouldn't do it again if the WH told her to

Comment

Depends on her credentials
                                I would, for example, never ever support Sarah Palin for any position in the government whatsoever and I also wouldn't have supported Gina Haspel for the position as head of the CIA, as she is a ruthless torturer who has already hinted that she wouldn't do it again if the WH told her to
                                No she didn't. You just admitted to discriminating against women.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                  -Jrabbit commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Discrimination is the unjust or prejudicial treatment against entire categories of people.
                                  Naming two specific women with specific reasons for opposing them is NOT discrimination.
                                  Kidiot.

• Kidlicious
                                  Kidlicious commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  You don't have to discriminate against an entire group to discriminate against women. You only have to discriminate against those you don't like, in fact that's the way it usually works. I'm not surprised that you are ignorant about this even though you think being liberal makes you an expert in all of this.

• Proteus_MST
                                  Proteus_MST commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  In this case Kid disrciminates against women (he is against Hillary) and against Blacks (Obama)
                              Working...
                              X