I Have Figured Out Despotic Regimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Figured Out Despotic Regimes

Before I get started if you are easily offended by language and situations regarding the darker side of humans, please stop reading. As a disciple and host of an Archdemon, however, I hold no truths back. I have been trained with honor and dignity.

That said:

Currency means nothing if the majority of your people are slaves. If you need to trade with an outside neighbor, trade goods that your society produces: oil for example. Your currency is inflated to the moon? Who cares? Your slave people starve? They will breed more. What else do they have to do after 16 hour mandatory labor shifts? If 3 out of 5 kids starve or die from disease then that is 2 good slaves you have given the Empire.

That leads to the army. Assuming you have good land for your people to farm/raise animals for meat/milk you can give 90% of that food to your troops and ruling body and the remaining 10% to the millions of slave people that will fight for the crumbs. Again as long as the death rate is manageable to the amount of labor produced then it is a sustainable Empire. If you do not have good farming land then find a neighbor that will barter goods you need to survive or conquer one that does have the land. So you basically encourage people to join the military. Food and shelter and access to medicine. What good is a Empire without a means to conquer other weak and fat neighbors with millions of slaves to conquer and rape? Forget conscription you will get lads lined up for miles to join.

That leads to science and technology. The smart Regimes will treat their great thinkers and doctors as nobility and encourage their children with the same intellectual genes to be thinkers too. Invite them to the royal dinners and banquets, give them land and slaves and the means to build their contraptions. What good is an army with obsolete equipment? As far as education, WHO CARES?! Only teach the nobility to read and write and mathematics. Officers in the army should also get this privilege, obviously. Grunt troops should be taught basic stuff, as least as far as to carry orders out and counting ability.

An Empire with this kind of structure could arguably survive forever with only 2 major flaws: Revolts and Nepotistic Ineptitude.

Revolts are self explanatory: the people hear of other places where people are free and want it too. The people outnumber the military and rulers although weak and unarmed. If they succeed, Regime collapsed.

Nepotistic Ineptitude as in Rome. The Emperors got stupider and lazier until Rome itself was sacked by barbarians, Vandals I think? Your Regime could arguably continue until you get an idiot on the throne that outside neighbors take advantage of and eventually invade and collapse the Regime.

But you see the benefits from an evolutionary standpoint. The "human race" survives for thousands of years. And if the Despotic Regime has a superior military than the peaceful Capitalist one... then game over, baby. Lots of parallels to what is happening today, and if Trump really wants to be a Despot... this is what he must do. This is also what other Despotic Regimes today WANT to do but do not want to deal with the consequences of "human rights violations." But Capitalist Regimes become so lazy and independent the people join "factions" and kill eachother for ideology. Which one is better for the survival of the human race as a whole?

I probably left some things out, but there you go.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Trump is anti-science, and pro-nepotism-to-the-point-of-considering-incest ... so probably need to wait for that. Sorry!

Comment

Anti-science is OK as long as you hold the edge. America does at the moment. I think it is a bad idea, however, and one that will lead to a smarter Despotic Regime eventually conquering you with superior technology.

Neoptism is OK as long as you don't get an idiot that compromises the security of the Empire on the throne. I also left out Regicide in my OP. As long as the Empire itself survives as a Despotic Structure with a ruling body and a slave-class to serve, it really does not matter who is on the throne. The human race survives.
      Order of the Fly

Comment

**** holes like North Korea don't have superior militaries to capitalistic places like South Korea, lol

Comment

That's debatable.
          Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by ZEE View Post
            Anti-science is OK as long as you hold the edge. America does at the moment. I think it is a bad idea, however, and one that will lead to a smarter Despotic Regime eventually conquering you with superior technology.

Neoptism is OK as long as you don't get an idiot that compromises the security of the Empire on the throne. I also left out Regicide in my OP. As long as the Empire itself survives as a Despotic Structure with a ruling body and a slave-class to serve, it really does not matter who is on the throne. The human race survives.
            Already too late on the “idiot that compromises the security...” part...

Comment

indeed. He does not fit the bill of a despot that would succeed in the survival of his Empire, and therego, the human race under his watch.

But Trump's idiocy does not defeat my argument however. Capitalism has drained and destroyed the worlds resources and made the human race more 'prey' than 'predator.'

Me though? I am a K-Pest. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory

There are 2 types of pests: R and K. R are the breeders and the swarmers like roaches and ants. K's are the ones like Tsetse flies and Rhino beetles. As a host of Demons I am as the fly that carries the disease. I do not control the 'disease' but it is with me and infects those around me. But I am getting off topic.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
              X