Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy

1. Elections: "Yay for the populists!" (both left/right which then wanted to form a coalition)

2. The Pres: "I don't like it! Let's bring in some other guy for interim gov and call new elections." *(activates fancy veto powas)*

3. New Elections: "Yay for the populists???"

Oh yeah, and so Eurodoom might be a thing again ...

Just saying.

Blah

Allow this to repeat a few times and poof! Silvio Berlusconi ends up as PM again.....Bunga Bunga!
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Pizza
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

... and Pasta. Best stuff evar
        Blah

Comment

Itexit?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Italy invented TGIF. Every Friday, they would say "The Government is Falling".
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Honestly, leaving the Euro is the best thing Italy can do for itself since it is obviously unwilling to become competitive any other way.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

the cab drivers around the castle are good!

Comment

I am talking naples

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Itexit?

No idea really, but it's not ruled out. The now-not-in-power coalition sent mixed signals on that. The FT article linked below sez they didn't campaign on it, but then there were also news earlier that this point was in an earlier program paper (or something) of said now-not-in-power coalition, which then was quickly dropped.

Originally posted by Dinner
                    Honestly, leaving the Euro is the best thing Italy can do for itself since it is obviously unwilling to become competitive any other way.
                    FT sez:

...there is no conceivable scenario in which leaving the European single currency would be in Italy’s national interests or in the interests of the ordinary Italian families those parties seek to represent. This is not an ideological or political point, but a pragmatic one

Italy is running a very healthy surplus on the current account of its balance of payments of about 3 per cent of gross domestic product and an even larger trade surplus. Its exports, chiefly thanks to manufacturers based in northern Italy where the League dominates, are growing lustily. There is no competitiveness problem. Devaluation is of no economic relevance.
                    full: https://www.ft.com/content/899c873a-...1-cc0534df682c
                    Blah

Comment

I remember that before the Euro, when Italy still had the Lira, they had one of the highest inflations in the Eurozone (maybe even the single highest)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I like italy german papers say italians are lazy they say **** nazis

Comment

FT claims everything is fine yet their economy is currently doing the best in a good long while and it is only doing...1% to 1.2% per year? If that is the "boom times" then what do "normal" or even "bad" times look like? I'd say they have major structural and competitiveness issues.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I cannot even begin to imagine how unproductive I would be if I lived in Italy.

Ciao baby!
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Over 1% growth when your population is growing older and shrinking is not too bad.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X