Not Being an Inert Pile of Goo Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Being an Inert Pile of Goo Shoes

I only ever own one pair of shoes and they're never athletic/running shoes. I want to try to exercise somewhat regularly, and I figure having proper footwear (to prevent shin splints) is probably a good place to start. Suggestions for relatively cheap, good shoes to walk/jog/run/crawl in? I have very flat feet. Not sure what other information is relevant.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Best go to a shoe store and try them on yourself before buying ... and ideally try several pairs on before deciding on which to buy
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Let's call that Plan B...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

By Noel Paine     “The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.” - Leonardo da VinciAlthough the human foot is something to marvel at and something we often take for granted for getting us around, it is not always perfect. Some of us are born or develop what are called […]
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I pretty much only wear flip flops, and don't have shin splints.

Comment

Guess if you use flip flops for jogging, you will spent half of the time jogging with putting one of the shoes on again
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              I pretty much only wear flip flops, and don't have shin splints.
              I wear a lot of flip flops around the house and when running to the local store, it is kind of a San Diego thing, but honestly long term they are bad for your feet. Have you ever seen a native who only ever wore saddles or worse normally went barefoot? It is bad for your foot arches and feet tend to splay outwards. Not good.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If you have flat feet, then it would seem that shoes with good arch support would be very important. I have had good experiences with Brooks brand shoes. https://www.brooksrunning.com.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                X