I was wrong: I underestimated the effects of the Trump Tax Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wrong: I underestimated the effects of the Trump Tax Cut

It turns out that my initial estimate of the Trump Tax Cuts on stock buybacks was low. In fact, instead of bumping up my income by 1% for the year, it has already bumped up my income by 1.3% for the year to date. I will be conservative and estimate that my full year increase due to the tax cut will be 2%.

In other news, the average hourly raise increased by 0.1% last month. The full year projection of 2.6% (of course 0.1% * 12 is only 1.2%) should be just enough to keep up with inflation. Woo Hoo!
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Many ppl also underestimated the effects of the Trump hair cut

(sry for the spam, let's just see it as a friendly "bump")
    Blah

Comment

While I'm still not a supporter, I have made out like a bandit so far from Trump. Too bad my grand-kids will pay for it. (if my daughter ever gets working on that part)
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your observation is an excellent illustration of the problem with liberals. Not a supporter, even though you're benefiting.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Not a supporter, even though you're benefiting.
          Err, looks like growth to me. I remember criticizing rah back in the day when he said he only supported the Bush tax cuts because they benefited him personally. If his perspective is wider now, that's good.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I don't consider myself a liberal. (just on some social issues)
            Just because I benefit doesn't mean I should be supporting them.
            And finally, in all fairness back then I had a daughter in college and money was tight. Now, I really don't need the extra money.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh well in that case I was right to be a raging dickhole to you about your political opinions.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Probably, but I have moved a little left over the years, when people traditional move a tad right as they get older.

And you're not really the raging dickhole type.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  And you're not really the raging dickhole type.
                  I'll refrain from quoting the relevant posts so as not to dissuade you of this opinion. But a decade ago I was a much angrier poster.

I still don't have a strong opinion on the tax cut. I follow Jaguar on Twitter and try to follow his arguments but all that does is reinforce how little I know about economics.

Comment

For most people, it would appear that the Trump tax cut did very little for them: http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/04/pf/t...cks/index.html
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

My paycheck has been slightly, but not significantly, larger.

Comment

Which allowed you to afford more therapy (or some other noticeable difference)?

Comment

No change in my lifestyle.

Comment

Gaining 2% income and only adding 50% to gov debt seems like a really good deal that can't possibly go wrong! BUY THE DIPS!

Comment

All they have done is buy back stock. Even Marco Rubio had to admit that ****.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X