Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced technologies/inventions you'd be happy to become available in your lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced technologies/inventions you'd be happy to become available in your lifetime

1. Computer keyboard with a small energy shield deflecting bread crumbs, or little pizza pieces that may otherwise find their way into said keyboard

Sure, ppl might hope that keyboards are probably outdated anyway once we're at the point to have sufficiently minimized energy shields, but just in case!

Blah

What effect will the energy deflectors have on cats?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I imagine a system smart enough to scan all cats before they reach a keyboard, and determine whether they are small enough to get into the space between the keys. For example nanocats would be immdiately pulverized by small attachable laser guns (a few bucks extra, but worth it)

Normal-sized cats would just be stopped by the energy shield a few millimetres above the keyboard, and kept hovering there, so they that they could not cause type chaos.
      Blah

Comment

Sort of like an air mattress. They'll love it, or maybe they'll just get bored and bounce hairballs off of it to see where they go.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So you'll have cats sleeping on the energy shield. Horray for Progress!
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
            So you'll have cats sleeping on the energy shield. Horray for Progress!
            If it's warm or if doing so will complicate your attempts to use the computer, yes.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's why i have a decoy keyboard on top of my laptop while i use a wireless one.
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

A TRUE AI. Not this rinky-dink stuff we have now. I'm talking Skynet type-****. And not as "servants" either.

But as Gods.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if you put a cat on top of such a energy shield, you'll observe a Hawking radiationish effect where cat hairs slowly sink trough the shield.

When it comes to interfaces, I would like one as described in the fourth volume of Asimovs Foundation trilogy.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                    A TRUE AI. Not this rinky-dink stuff we have now. I'm talking Skynet type-****. And not as "servants" either.

But as Gods.
                    I'd settle for a better AI in Civ IV. The later versions don't need one because they would still suck.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm sure Firaxis will get right on that.

Comment

That's the one you find the most unlikely in this thread.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hah
                          i discovered everything
                          hah
                          and can make any physics nerd
                          SIT DOWN
                          or I'll kick you out the class

Comment

When you're not next to me.Sølv – Codeine / Lyrics are in the description.Listen to more songs like this → http://dynmk.co/more/aARX3kOJWegSupport the artist...

Comment

so much
                              noise

Comment

Working...
                              X