Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korea

Are we watching historic change, possible denuclearization and reunification in the years ahead, or is this all just show?

After all, there were high level talks ages ago before, and they led to nothing. And I read the NK nuke test site is kaputt anyway, so it's a meh offer to close it.

Otoh this time China seemed to be really engaged in making sanctions work. As much as I'm critical to Trumpy, but if the situation gets resolved (or just significantly improved) it's a good thing.

Opinions/Thoughts/Spam?

Blah

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    ... And I read the NK nuke test site is kaputt anyway, so it's a meh offer to close it.
    Guess that is the main reason for the sudden desire for talks.
    Guess it would be too costly to rebuild the testing facilities, so they decided that talks make most sense.

Maybe it also plays a role that Kim (who went to a boarding school in switzerland) is very well aware of the backwardness of North Korea (probably in contrast to his father who AFAIK only knew the outside world from Hollywood) and therefore also knows what chances NK would have in a conventional war (and also misses the western amenities)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yeah, my operating theory is that the collapse of their nuclear testing site necessarily set them back many years, so they might as well get some sanctions temporarily lifted if they're going to be delayed.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I figure the Kimsbury Doughboy finally figured out that the US has gone off the deep end and he should try to be less of a *******-*******...
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Gone off the deep end? That's as delusional as Kim.
          I don't trust or believe that dumpy dwarf any further than I can toss him. Due to set backs, he's merely buying time. He needs to be pressured into concessions to the maximum. Relentlessly.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I think Xi told Kim the subsidies were going to be reduced or ended.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

You know in Space Balls where Dark Helmet offers to shake Lonestar's hand in a show of good sportsmanship? Good is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Yeah, my operating theory is that the collapse of their nuclear testing site necessarily set them back many years, so they might as well get some sanctions temporarily lifted if they're going to be delayed.
                    This. And China got upset and gave them an ultimatum as the collapse of the test site sent radioactive dust into China.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      I think Xi told Kim the subsidies were going to be reduced or ended.
                      That would be awesome if true as we really would see the collapse of North Korea.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X