X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you taste the wastewater though?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

Easy enough to say, but do you have a book on wastewater management that you flip through occasionally, just because? I do.
      I do, but not just because.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        Do you taste the wastewater though?
        The book doesn't include a lab credit.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Does it at least have one of those "scratch-and-sniff" thingies that let you smell the wastewater?
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

My wife checked out a book on septic tank management from the library about a year ago. It was lavishly illustrated in a cartoony style, so my son was enchanted, and begged her to explain how this system or that worked, so often that he could give a pretty good explanation of his own.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              I bet you were flushed with pride.

There's nothing mysterious about women that generally treating them with respect doesn't usually solve.

My problem is time and application. I don't have the luxury of either.

I generally apply myself to whatever's in front of me: currently that's comms; websites; app building; crisis management etc for work.

For play, it's buffing up my French in prep for our latest battlefield tour series in a few weeks time. So, due to the various constraints on my friends (families etc.), we're taking the Eurostar into Brussels and hiring a car for a glorious mashup of military eras: Napoleonic (Waterloo); WWII (Ardennes/Maginot Line); Romans (Augusta Treverorum), and WWI (Verdun).

There were other candidates like Arnhem etc., but frankly that was a bridge too far...

So plenty to brush up on, but then they're all eras I know about pretty much back to front - so it's more about tugging out the interesting little known stuff...

Anyway, don't stress - you're never going to have enough time, so just keep on trucking...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

I wish I knew more about all the planets orbiting all the stars in this galaxy.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                There's nothing mysterious about women that generally treating them with respect doesn't usually solve.
                Au contraire.

Why, for example, are they so fvckin' dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  I wish I knew more about all the planets orbiting all the stars in this galaxy.
                  Here you go.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik

Au contraire.

Why, for example, are they so fvckin' dumb?
                    Oh dear...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post

QFT

Comment

Yeah, that's not an attitude I understand at all. I know plenty of dumb women, but I also know plenty of dumb men; people are stupid. But it's never been hard for me to find smart, curious, creative women.

x-post, kinda
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          That is only a small fraction of what is out there.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

But it's a more representative fraction everyday. We even understand the selection biases pretty well now and can make reasonable inferences about what types of planets are most common. This video gives a pretty good summary of exoplanet demographics so far.

Comment

I can’t wait for spectral analysis to be possible so we can get an idea of atmospheric make up (if there is an atmosphere).

Comment

Working...
                              X