Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... if the French want it back they'll have to invade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... if the French want it back they'll have to invade!

Brilliant article! Seriously.

No longer will British schoolchildren have to endure pitching and tossing ferries, ghastly French youth hostels and the gloom of Normandy in order to see the tapestry.
    Blah

Didn't things not work out so well the last time French-type people invaded the island?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Depends how we count. If we take the reverse D-Day style invasion (that never happened) from Ridley Scott's (IMO disappointing) Robin Hood movie - there the French lost.
      Blah

Comment

Not seen that movie. Was it supposed to be based on the civil war around Magna Carta with rebel barons calling the French in to defeat king John?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And I think he last time the French attempted an invasion they were sunk in the Solent by Henry VIII.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The only Robin Hood for me is Kevin Costner.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
              Not seen that movie. Was it supposed to be based on the civil war around Magna Carta with rebel barons calling the French in to defeat king John?
              It's been a while since I watched it but IIRC the rebels and King John were opposed to the French (as well as to eachother, but they kinda united against the French), but there was some evil underling of John (?) conspiring with the French.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Morgan Freeman
                Blah

Comment

And Alan Rickman!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Heresy, the only Robin Hood is Errol Flynn
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't forget :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                      X