New job, or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job, or not

Anyone here know of anyone accepting a job offer, and then rejecting the offer before they are due to start? What was the fallout for the individual?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I did that to a lady I was supposed to go on a date with a few years ago. She was very hot too, but AAHZ was in training by Beelzebub and all sorts of nasty **** was happening to me every day, I didn't need to give him another reason to ruin my life.

Now I understand why, and the importance of a monk to be celibate. Interferes with Chi-flow.

As far as consequences, she still tries to get with me, saw her the other day actually. The block feature really is great on a phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sage advice as always AAHZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Anyone here know of anyone accepting a job offer, and then rejecting the offer before they are due to start? What was the fallout for the individual?
        Yeah, it happens. Probably more often than you think. Unless it's a tight knit community or you just get unlucky and run into people that know each other, not much fallout. IT is so large it requires bad luck. BUT hopefully you'll never want to work for that company again, since HR will probably have a record and it may count against you, but not necessarily. We "rehired" a guy that did that to us, but he was REALLY REALLY good.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've done that, As they did their due diligence I did mine on them. They seemed to be way overextended. I sincerely thanked them for the offer, said 'no', and about a year later they were out of business.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I let one job early (which is I think even worse) and am likely to leave the job I am now (that I left my previous job for) early too...

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's called reneging in our industry, Dauphin. Frowned upon but it happens enough that it has a name...

If you're the one doing it I would weigh:

1) How influential are the people you're reneging on, and how much will they care? Likely won't be a big deal 5 years from now, but you don't want to **** your career because you offended some vindictive BSD
              2) Will the job you're taking instead care if you reneg? I would be clear with them that you are thinking about doing it - if they would consider it a dealbreaker, then you should probably just forget it. In all likelihood they will not.
              3) Do you ever want to work for the people you're reneging on? If so, you're going to have to spin a good story when you do; chances are they will remember (as rah says, HR departments actually keep track of these things). If you decide to reneg I would make sure to follow up and explain why you're doing it - it's basically free and goes a long way to keeping your good name intact. I did this when I rejected one job in favor of another (I didn't reneg, but did have two jobs I was choosing between).
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                I did that once. I accepted a job but the next day got a superior offer so I asked the first guys if they would match it, they said no, so I went with the better offer. The fall out was I will probably never get offered a job by that company again but I am ok with that.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It’s due to a material change in senior management at my current employer. Staying is a better option, but for accepting the other offer.

i expect my next job search will be years away and on another continent.

Comment

I would not count my chickens before they hatch. A material change in senior management may or may not make a material change in your working conditions.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I can’t say more on a public forum but financially and non-financially I’ve been offered a better deal. Something that was blocked by old management.

Comment

So, you're still not ready to become a Canuk?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

My wife gets UK passport rights in Oct ‘18. Once obtained we have better freedom of movement. 2019 looks to be the year of the BlueJay

Comment

Working...
                          X