Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A spambot broke the civ 6 expansion news for us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A spambot broke the civ 6 expansion news for us.

i think we can all pat ourselves on the back for our laziness.

that being said I feel like we should, as we are nominally a civilization site, maybe try doing something for this?
    An expansion is announced for Civilization VI, from the lead designer Anton Strenger. The full announcement trailer can be seen on U-tube, but I have lost the link.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

What's 'Civ'?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

how is civ 6?

Comment

I don't know, I'm still waiting for the dollar bin.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i enjoy it. It had some issues at release (what modern game doesn't) but they got ironed out, for the most part. There's a lot of good gameplay with the way natural wonders work, the "unpacking" of the city to add districts works well, as well as wonders taking up a time. Exploring the map and finding things feels exciting. City States are done very well, and the way governments are handled provide for deep strategy with room to expand. Espionage is okay.

if 1upt is a deal breaker, then it likely still will be. There are still some balance issues. Some districts get bonuses depending on what tiles they're adjacent to; others don't, and it feels a little sloppy in terms of game design. I don't like how great prophets are only used to found a new religion and have no other uses. The AI is not great and is easily manipulated (typical of all Civilization games). But honestly, playing against real people is where it's at.

The UI is probably the hottest garbage of all of my complaints. Luckily there's a mod to fix that.

I paid for the deluxe edition and felt like I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it. If for nothing else, the animation is spectacular and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            I don't know, I'm still waiting for the dollar bin.
            It's half off on steam right now. I know you've got thirty bucks probably just kicking around in your couch cushions, Rah. That's two feature films. If you get five hours of entertainment out of it so what?

and for what it's worth, I don't really understand the impulse to **** all over a game, or really any sort of creative endeavor without putting in some effort to try to understand it first. It's one thing to say 'I don't think I would enjoy that,' but I hate seeing vitriol get spewed over something someone refuses to even try first.

Comment

What is this video game news doing on our arguing-with-an-undiagnosed-schizophrenic forum?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I sure got my money's worth with civ

Comment

What are these "Video Games" you speak of, are those like those board games that come with a VHS cassette?
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I also like Civ VI ... nice new concept, that you have to create specialized suburbs on the map in order to be able to build certain buildings

As for the spam bots:
                    Maybe we can get them to come together in Cv VI-Threads and discuss Civ VI-Topics among themselves
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Or get them to argue with an undiagnosed schizophrenic

Comment

How about a diagnosed one brought upon by brutal childhood trauma that didn't kill himself after 40 years.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Order of the Fly

Comment

Nah, the fun stuff needs to stay with the humans.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

I feel fantastic BTW. All the **** from my past like a mosquito bite to AAHZ. No video either, I also feel NICE.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X