Midterm Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midterm Elections

Starting a new thread because I can't remember which thread we were talking about this in.

D's only have to pick up 25 in the House. That's entirely possible. In the Senate they are defending 3x as many seats. Of the seats the Rs are defending they won those elections in 2012, 2006 and 2000, except in Nebraska. But Deb Fischer won that seat in 2012, although not by that much. The D's have to pick up 2 seats and not lose any, so I'm pretty confident about the Rs not losing control of the Senate.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

We're still pretty far out. All the projections our company has looked at are all over the place. The economy could change, trump could do something really stupid, or things could really rosy. When we get closer, I'll see if I can get a more detailed analysis. But then most of them said Hillary would win but there were a few that showed how Trump could win and one of them was spot on.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It will be interesting to see how passing the tax bill will come into play.
      The hard core "I'll vote for Moore because he's not a Dem" Repubs will continue to vote Repub.
      The hard core "Trump isn't my president" Dems will continue to vote Dem.
      But all the middle of the roaders are in play.
      And with the lack of overall support for the tax bill, (depending on the poll, only about a 1/4 actually like it) it could be enough to swing some elections where it's actually close.
      But as rah said, it's way too early to make any predictions. Too much time, and too many stupid things could happen before then.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

sounds like the gop should see some success in the senate then, maybe 33 senate races and the dems are defending about 24?

Comment

My prediction: any Republican that loses by less than 75% will exhibit the grace of Moore of Alabama, and accuse everyone of fraud. The thing is, will Trump try to appoint more legally illiterate judges, who can then overturn results?
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Greens and Libertarians sweep the nation!
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

www.fivethirtyeight.com has several well written analyses on this. Current polling shows Republicans should be worried.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Well if the economy is booming and people keep up this "it's Obama's economy" crap throughout next year and vote for democrats I'll be really disappointed.

Comment

My predictions for this and all future elections are much the same as for past elections ...

I predict the winners will do everything in their power to enrich their wealthy donors, while all their promises to the working and middle classes somehow do not make it into law. The swamp will be drained to make room for the expanding cesspool. Some external threat will necessitate further government programs to invade citizens privacy. We will get a new war on some broad concept which has the opposite effect as intended as well.

But on the plus side, our 46th President will not be a semi-literate bloated orange clown.

Comment

Instead you'll probably end up with this guy...
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

He would be an improvement
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Now the U.N. is saying it can't function, because he broke them. Trump is taking over.

Comment

Working...
                        X