The mystery of the socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mystery of the socks

Many believe the big story about socks is that often one of a pair is lost and never found again after doing laundry. This is of course rather naive, because it's obvious that those little gremlins running our washing machines usually keep one sock for themselves (because they got one only leg)!

The real mystery however is when one sock of a pair gets holes while the other remains fully intact. Is there a satisfying scientific explanation for this? Or is it a conspiracy of sock companies which made one of a pair weaker to get ppl to buy a whole new pair sooner?

I for one suspect they invented the indestructible sock long ago, but keep it secret to not lose profits!

Just sayin'

Blah

Actully, the reason for missing socks is the "eater of socks", "a small elephant-like creature with a broad, flared trunk" that is preferably found in laundry rooms

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

AAHZ has a limp on his left leg, so I might wear out that sock moar than my right one.

See, these are the kinds of discussions that are impoartant in this life. Not politics, fake religions, or who has the faster car. This life is small-time stuff.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Missing socks go to Narnia Obviously.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

It is house elves like Doby doing it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            Actully, the reason for missing socks is the "eater of socks", "a small elephant-like creature with a broad, flared trunk" that is preferably found in laundry rooms

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Eater_of_Socks
            I wouldn't prefer that.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
            X