Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody looking fwd to the new Star Wars movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody looking fwd to the new Star Wars movie?

I have to say, while Ep. VII has been fun to watch, it disappointed me at the same time for being too simlar to "A New Nope" (yeah destroy this big bad thing again which kills all them nice planets) and having unimpressive villains.

Otoh Rogue One felt just right with a lot of things looking reminiscent of the old movies, but otherwise feeling way more like a good SW movie in its own right. Also, it did well with a minimum of light sabre stuff (Darthieboy in the end). Oh well, I guess RO leaves no room for sequels...other than the first three movies hehe.

But maybe they manage to make Ep VIII more interesting....

/2 cts.
    Blah

I'm looking forward to it. Even if it's not great, it will be better than a lot of the trash out there.
    I will wait to see it until the crowds die down. Even if it takes a while.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't mind the "similarities" that much. I was more interested in getting the bad taste of episodes 1 and 2 out of my mouth. So I was ok with it.

But Yes, I'm looking forward to it because my daughter bought a gift card for my birthday so we could use it to buy tickets. We're booked for an early Saturday viewing. So in all reality even if the movie is mediocre, It's a great daddy daughter activity that we can share. Now that she's grown and living in the city, any time we get together is valuable. And now that it's winter, we don't get together to golf.

I do expect it to be worth the viewing. I did hear the run time is around 2:30 so it better be able to keep our attention.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I would like Star Wars moar if it was a b-movie cult classic series that only a few thousand people even knew about. Like Lexx.

Now? I'll watch it when I can stream it online when it is available, like I did Rogue One.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Just read a review in Kraut saying that this one does everything right, has lotsa surprises and most importantly is much more than just "The Empire Strikes Back" re-enacted. Acc. to the reviewer it even turns the young bad guy with the mask that seemed like a poor man's version of Vader into a interesting addition. Of course reviews don't say much before you seen it yourself, but hey...a bit optimism can't hurt
          Blah

Comment

I also preferred RO to Ep7 but both were good. I am looking forward to this one although I am also waiting a couple weeks.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Normally I would wait a few weeks also but when your daughter calls and tells you she booked seats for you and her, you jump at the opportunity.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I still haven't seen rouge one, by now I'm waiting for it to come out in Netflix or something.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Except for the fact that you how it's going to end for everyone, it's pretty well done.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I will have to wait till next week (on tuesday) before I am going to watch it
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                    X