Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...if your career breaks down like a house of cards

... you are probably Kevin Spacey. Just sayin'

Seriously, I never watched the show, but liked a couple of his movies.

Now he's probably more evil than Tom Cruise or something. Should have run for real presidency, there it doesn't matter if you grab some...well, youknowwhatimean.

Blah

The only really surprising thing about this is that women are finally standing up to them. This has been going on since the industry started and EVERYONE knew it was happening.
    The term casting couch has been around forever.
    Women have always been fearful that their careers would suffer if they spoke up.

Good for them, and shame on anyone that is surprised that this has been happening.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I saw even Dustin Hoffman has been accused

any other celluloid heroes about to fall?

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        The only really surprising thing about this is that women are finally standing up to them. This has been going on since the industry started and EVERYONE knew it was happening.
        The term casting couch has been around forever.
        Women have always been fearful that their careers would suffer if they spoke up.

Good for them, and shame on anyone that is surprised that this has been happening.
        Spacey is gay and likes to sexually assault young boys. He is equal opportunity with younger adult men but seems to have a thing for underaged teenage boys.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

He at least was smart enough not to outright deny the original accusation, since he knew there were plenty that could collaborate other examples.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

collaborate...hehe

you're getting old

Comment

And you're not
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Spacey is gay and likes to sexually assault young boys. He is equal opportunity with younger adult men but seems to have a thing for underaged teenage boys.
                True, but overall the thing seems rather similar to the Weinstein et al. Privileged, prominent, abusing his position. Kudos to ppl who speak out indeed.

Blah

Comment

To me, the most striking thing about the Weinstein/Spacey/whoever else is a rapist now scandal ball is the monotonous similarity of it all to previous perv scandals. Did we know they were perverts? Well, it depends on how you define "know," and anyway who would believe me and I have a mortgage to pay, but anyhow there were stories, certainly. It was all very shocking and I'm glad somebody is doing something about it and that somebody is not me. Or any of the forty-six other people who were pretty sure something was wrong but didn't stop it.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It was institutionalized in the industry. Women were just to fearful to complain. I am surprised that the more famous actresses still felt the pressure to stay silent. But I am not a women so I can't truly understand.
                    Times are different now for the better.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was thinking more of all the people who weren't women, who helped Weinstein arrange "meetings" or were aware that meetings went on, etc. A lot of people got that McFarlane joke at the Oscars years ago. My point is that our willingness to wince and grudgingly hush up about evil doesn't seem to vary much whether it happens in a church, a government office, a corporation, or anywhere else.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        It was institutionalized in the industry. Women were just to fearful to complain. I am surprised that the more famous actresses still felt the pressure to stay silent. But I am not a women so I can't truly understand.
                        Times are different now for the better.
                        I am not. Did you hear about on Weinstein hired an Israeli company staffed by former spies to dig up dirt on his accusers so he could blackmail them into staying silent? Really creepy **** that went on for months and months with employees with false names trying to infiltrate tgese people's lives, track their children and family members, all sorts of unethical behavior.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X