'We want sauce'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'We want sauce'

A McDonald’s public relations stunt has ended in chaos and acrimony after the fast food chain promised fans of the TV show Rick and Morty a limited edition, long-out-of-production Szechuan dipping sauce and then swiftly ran out.

Police were called to at least one outlet after people in queues for the sauce began getting angry and chanting “we want sauce”.

Fans of Rick and Morty, a hugely popular US science fiction cartoon that riffs off the Back to the Future films, descended on McDonald’s restaurants in cities across the US on Saturday after the chain announced it would be selling a limited run of a long out-of-production Szechuan dipping sauce that is referenced in the show’s third season.

While at a restaurant in Newark, angry customers held up protest signs to demand the sauce they had come for.

In some parts of the US, fans encountered stores that had not received the promised sauce and staff who were not aware of the promotion.

In other places, stores only got 20 packets of sauce.

McDonald’s, which in its press release for the promotion said that the sauce release would be “really, really limited”, has apologised to fans that missed out.

Ultimately, the fallout from the stunt did not dampen demand for the sauce, with packets currently listed for hundreds of dollars on Ebay.

From: https://www.theguardian.com/business...otion-heats-up

So is McD's evil/weak sauce towards customers for ad-ing sauce that finally wasn't there or are ppl acting like spoiled brats when rioting about sauce??? Discuss

Blah

A true survivalist would eithr have made the sauce himself, or would have stocked up on this sauce already when it came out (at the time of "Mulan") so hat he can keep himself supplied for a lifetime
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

"No sauce, no peace!"
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I suspect the rioters are just having a bit of fun.

Comment

Acknowledging they ****ed up McDonald's has announced this winter they will have a much larger run of its coveted Szechuan dipping sauce available for people who purchse chicken McNuggets.

Comment

Comment

Comment

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.

Comment

I've never watched this show, but in the process of looking up wtf this was about, I ran across an article arguing that the rabid fans were, in fact, completely missing the point, and that in the original show the character does a lot of horrible things as part of an insane scheme to get this stupid sauce back. The whole joke was that the sauce was an asinine thing to obsess over and all those horrible things were thus a meaningless tragedy. Or something. Anyway, I have no idea what this show is about and will probably still never watch it.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's Back to the Future crossed with Sliders crossed with domestic abuse.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ah. I can't even be bothered to catch up on the Venture Brothers and I really liked that one. So I think I'll still pass. Also, I am deeply suspicious of anyone who likes McDonald's food.
                      1011 1100

Comment

I like Filet-O-Fish.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Resone why I like Mc food because it is the same size, "quality" and price in all city.

Comment

The same is true of any number of higher-quality restaurants. Chik-fil-A, for example, or Panera. I hear Steak & Shake is good, but I can never find one near where I live.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Steak & Shake is pretty good.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X