Four more years plus nutjobs in parliament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four more years plus nutjobs in parliament

That is - in short - the result of the recent German elections.

Don't complain nobody told you
    Blah

Well, actually with the SPD wanting to go into opposition (instead forming a great coalition again) and the CSU thinking aloud about trying to break away from the CDU (in order to attract a more rightwing clientele) I would say everything is open ... even Elections V2.0, if the CDU doesn't manage to get over 50% with a Jamaica coaliton (and thereby get the necessary percentage to govern)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

At least things will be less boaring in the months ahead

Blah

Comment

Aye ... what was this chinese curse?

"May you live in interesting times"

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The AfD has some objectionable positions but they are certainly not nutjobs. They support the constitutional order and the rule of law so that is good. They are very conservative in some ways but, on the upside, they managed to get 1.5 million people who had not previously voted before to get engaged in the voting process as well as pick up another 1 million who were diseffected from the traditional parties. That is a good thing as it means more people feel invested enough in the system to vote and now the traditional parties are going to have to become more responsive to the will of the people.

It is hard to say any of that is bad. Besides, Merkel has pulled some straight up disgusting bull **** which should offend anyone who cares about the truth. Demanding censorship, bullying companies to force them to only report her political propaganda narrative, deliberately ordering government crime statistics to be falsified so as "not to give the wrong impression" of crime by 3rd world migrants. Hell, lying and claiming the migrants were "refugees" when she knew god damned well virtually none of them qualified for the legal definition of refugee. Hell, her absolute incompetence in only deporting 7% of the people ordered to be deported by German courts.

The list goes on and on so in my mind the real nutjobs are the 33% who voted for Merkel. She has an authoritarian outlook and worse she is convinced of her own self righteousness and so thinks that makes her censorship and lies some how better. The sooner she is tossed in the nearest garbage can the better off the world will be.
          Last edited by Dinner; September 25, 2017, 21:07.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            Well, actually with the SPD wanting to go into opposition (instead forming a great coalition again) and the CSU thinking aloud about trying to break away from the CDU (in order to attract a more rightwing clientele) I would say everything is open ... even Elections V2.0, if the CDU doesn't manage to get over 50% with a Jamaica coaliton (and thereby get the necessary percentage to govern)
            Personally, I see all of that as good things. Germany's political system has been far to cozy for far too long and it is all the same people who all say all the same things and none of them ever stop to wonder if their dogma is still right or ever was right at all. If parties actually start to differentiate themselves then you might find a real market place of ideas being created instead of everyone selling the same crap just in different colors.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You're right. Obviously, their political system needs to function more like ours.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
              X