Germany refuses to pay for Nazi invasion and occupation of Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany refuses to pay for Nazi invasion and occupation of Poland

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Several Polish ministers have estimated that reparations should run as high as $1 trillion.

Comment

So, I guess your opinion is that WW 2 enables the polish government to demand reparation payments from germany for all the future,
      despite the fact that they not only got los of reparation payments (in form of money and resources/machines) after WW 2, but also were able to annex eastern prussia (except fo the region of Königsberg, which was annexed by russia and now forms the Kaliningrad Oblast), against the directions of he Potsdam agreement (and therefore more or less illegally), which saw the polish administration of the german eastern territories as only temporary (and the final status of the german eastern territories being subject of uture peace negotiations)

Addendum (regarding the pssage giblets dug out):
      Maybe germany should pay 1 Trillion € to Poland (under the prerequisite that the reparations afterwards are actually settled for all time), but at the same time receive back all eastern german territory that was annexed by Poland after WW 2 (factually restoring germany in the borders before WW2, except for the Kaliningrad Oblast and the territory that went to Lithuania)
      Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 12, 2017, 07:39.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think it's pretty clear that we as humans have a moral obligation to resurrect the Neanderthal species and return Europe to them, the rightful owners.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Maybe Germany should agree to pay in exchange for getting the land back?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Germany already has been repaid lost land - it owns Greece and has vassalised much of the EU.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I just looked up "trillion" at Wiki and learned that there's several versions, differing mostly in the number of "0s" after the first digit.

On a more serious note, if several countries would bring up other/new cases for compensation of the individual victims (or their relatives) I wouldn't have much of a prob with it when it's justified/not done already, but funny how some countries think they can dig this out when they do not like the course of a postwar German gov in this or that matter.

Last edited by BeBMan; September 12, 2017, 14:33.
              Blah

Comment

They should demand intrinity euros. That's how bad Nazi eurocoms are.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                X