Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida and Hurricanes

Is Che still living in Florida?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Dunno. I live near Panama City, but my house is sufficiently far north of the city that storm surge wouldn't touch it even if Irma hit dead-on as a Cat 5. Now, I do start hospital work on Monday, and the hospital is quite close to the shore . . . we'll see what happens.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That may be frantic. Take good care.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I am in Orlando.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Stay safe, AAHZ. Do not rely on your demon thing to protect you.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Buckle up, AAHZ.

Comment

The Red Neck Riviera should be fine so Elok will be spared. If Che is still living in FL, it will be in Jacksonville, so also out of the worst areas.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Stay safe, AAHZ. Do not rely on your demon thing to protect you.
                Thanks Lori, but I am relying on my family, not the demons.

My parents own not only my entire property, but the one they live in, and another one as well. I brought all my stuff to their house and will bunker with them until the storm passes and the power comes back on after it will moast likely go out. I might not be posting here from Sunday night to whenever things are back to normal. I will not be wasting precious laptop powar poasting on Poly or playing Master of Orion 3.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Buckle up, AAHZ.
                Thanks Slowwy!

Just another thing under AAHZ's belt, like the times when I went through Hurricane Charley, lived in a crack house, and got locked up in a mental ward.
                Last edited by ZEE; September 9, 2017, 14:18.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

Family is worth a hell of a lot, not least if you get along well enough that you can go home in a hurricane.
                  AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                  JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Stay safe AAHZ!

Comment

looks like Cuba took some steam out of Irma

Comment

Yeah stay safe. My brother is in an evacuation zone in tampa. He'll be riding it out at his TV station downtown. His wife flew to chicago. But I'm afraid his house is near the coast in lowland so it will probably not fare well.
                        My mother is also in the path but it's a community and she lives on the fifth floor and the building is like a block house. They have meeting areas in the middle with no windows so she should be ok.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

my golfing buddy's son and family are stuck in Orlando

Comment

I hate to say it, but I hope Irma starts heading north over Florida... If it heads out into the Caribbean it'll build back up to a cat 5 and head for Houston

Comment

The next 12 hours will see how this all plays out. It has finally turned North-West. Hopefully it goes far enough out to sea that when it DOES go full-blown North, Orlando will be outside the hurricane-force wind range. Possibly even just getting soem outer bands at the worst.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X