• Show
Clear All

• Steak News Reporting Thread

I didn't have steak for ca. 3 weeks

I blame the liberal steak news media

Had some nice Lasagne yesterday though
    Blah

Lasagne beats steak
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I must agree with that. In other news, Costco is selling Wagyu beef ribeye for one hundred dollars a pound.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You're steak news.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Why Wagyu finger at me? I have no beef with you, you are the wurst!

Comment

I've been using a great steak marinade lately, which I made up, although I'm sure it's pretty common, as all of the ingredients are standard marinading ingredients.

Place a layer of steak in a large bowl, splash on red wine and a little soy sauce, smear the upper surface with minced garlic an a touch of minced ginger. Place another layer of steak in the bowl and repeat, etc.

Fry the steak on a skillet, on a low-medium heat, to medium rare, turning once.

My whole family loves it!

My mother grew a herd of Wagyu about 20 years ago. She artificially inseminated them herself. Her husband sold them off gradually at standard beef prices to support himself while she was away caring for her dying mother.

Comment

It's great that there are cooking/ seasoning recipees

This one looks alien but not uncopyable

Comment

Mmmm. Mmmm. Martian Meat!
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Hmm, steak.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I get steak quesadillas when I go to Qdoba. But the new job means I'm not often near a Qdoba anymore, so I haven't had a steak quesadilla in awhile. That's my steak news report.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                      I didn't have steak for ca. 3 weeks

I blame the liberal steak news media

Had some nice Lasagne yesterday though
                      There was no steak but I did have lunch at the Chicken Pie Shop which is something of a local institution. It has been at the same location and owned by the same family since 1938 and their menu is largely the same and exactly what one would expect of 1930's style American food. An extremely large and well stuffed chicken pot pie smoothered in gravy, creamed corn, mashed potatoes with gravy, cole slaw, a large fresh baked dinner roll just out of the oven, and a slice of blueberry pie. All for $8.99.

It was a lot of food but I was up to the challenge.

That is my steak free news report.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Hmm, steak.
                        Ggghhhh

Comment

Hmmm, steak and veal.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Evil_341555_198522.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	9332635
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I have a vampire problem. Here they are called wakwak. I need stakes now.

Comment

Working...
                              X