Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just do it, mkay?

Middle-aged told to walk faster

Middle-aged people are being urged to walk faster to help stay healthy, amid concern high levels of inactivity may be harming their health.

Officials at Public Health England said the amount of activity people did started to tail off from the age of 40.

They are urging those between the ages of 40 and 60 to start doing regular brisk walks.

Just 10 minutes a day could have a major impact, reducing the risk of early death by 15%, they say.

But PHE estimates four out of every 10 40- to 60-year-olds do not even manage a brisk 10-minute walk each month.

(...)
    full: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41030630

The really great news here is of course that a risk reduction for early death by ca. 15% could mean that you're basically immortal after just a few days of doing 10mins walking!

You just have to make sure there is not some late death sneaking in....
    Blah

Whew. Since I'm only 31, I don't need to start doing this yet.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Official video for "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John.Revisit more 80's music videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs&list=PLjF50Dlp9iek5dt7_1jRWS4...

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Whew. Since I'm only 31, I don't need to start doing this yet.
        If you don't have enough money for a car, you have no choice but to do this.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
        X