Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm not gonna sit there and be a victim...."

"...of some squirrel"

Authorities in New York have warned people visiting Prospect Park in Brooklyn to be on the lookout for an "unusually aggressive" squirrel.

Health officials said the "possibly rabid" rodent attacked at least five people at the park last week, four of whom have since been traced.

A fifth person, who was jogging when attacked, has been urged to seek medical attention, local media report.

Squirrels are rarely infected with rabies, a disease that can prove fatal.

But officials from New York's Health Department said in a statement they were assuming that this particular squirrel may have contracted the disease following reports of what it described as "unusual aggressive behaviour".

Anyone who thinks they may have been bitten in the park recently should get immediate medical advice, the department said.

However, regulars to Prospect Park are refusing to be intimidated by the animal.

"I'm not gonna sit there and be a victim of some squirrel," Tookes, a publicist from Crown Heights, told the New York Post. "Between me and my dog, we could take the squirrel," she said.

Another local, 36-year-old Sara Haynes, cast doubt on the rabies theory, suggesting that squirrels in Brooklyn were naturally aggressive, the New York Times reported. "They're just bold," she said, adding: "It's not stopping us."
    Health officials say the animal may have rabies and are urging anyone attacked to seek medical help.

Forget nukes, Ebola or the zombie apocalypse, it's the big invasion of squirrels (basically the 11th plague) that will seal the fate of mankind
    Blah

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Does anyone else remember that oldie but goodie?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Don't remember that one. It seems a bit of a stretch.

I liked the teases on the right of that article though.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Might be a Zombie Squirrel!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	FOAMYtheSQUIRRELWALLPAPER_TN.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	9328900
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

we were playing the 18th hole one day when 2 hawks got a squirrel trapped on a tree. They took turns swooping in and turning sideways at the tree and reaching out with their talons as the squirrel darted back and forth and up and down trying to dodge the attacks. My ball was underneath all this as we drove up, the hawks were not pleased by our interference but the squirrel got a couple more minutes to live. I'm afraid he didn't last long once we left, the hawks didn't go away and they weren't leaving without him.

Comment

Working...
            X