Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Spicer got fired, he was forced to send his kids to earn money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Spicer got fired, he was forced to send his kids to earn money...

Ok, that's another Spicer. And he wasn't fired as far as we know. But the rest of the story is true! Well, kinda....

A five-year-old girl was fined £150 by a council for selling 50p cups of lemonade to festival goers.

The girl's father Andre Spicer said his daughter had set up the stall in Mile End, east London, while thousands of music fans were on their way to the Lovebox Festival at the weekend.

Mr Spicer said his daughter burst into tears and told him "I've done a bad thing."

Tower Hamlets Council has since cancelled the fine and apologised.
    The young girl burst into tears after Tower Hamlets Council issued a fine for selling 50p drinks to festival goers.

Blah

A council spokesman said: "We are very sorry that this has happened. We expect our enforcement officers to show common sense and to use their powers sensibly.
    Not a very realistic expectation, I guess

Comment

I miss Kidicious, you guise.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Police brutality, British style?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Just read the real Spicer resigned. Dunno why, but probably over this fauxpas of his transatlantic namesake
          Blah

Comment

This is so stupid someone needs to be fired.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Be careful. Your focus on firing is starting to make you sound like Trump.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
              X