Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Good Thing Aeson is Working on How Slow This Site is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Good Thing Aeson is Working on How Slow This Site is...

Because, you know, he obviously always checks in on the Moderation Thrade.

And don't tell me it's on our end and to clear our ****ing cookies. That's just like when I call a repair tech at work and they tell me to reboot this, clean that. THE ****ING THING IS BROKE! Then they send in the tech and lo and behold there is a whole ****ing piece broke inside the machine.

Now please see why this site is so horribly slow before I turn into...

THE OLD AAHZ
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

How much does lag really matter on an internet forum with a few active threads daily

Comment

The real argument is there must be soem serious **** wrong with this much lag on a site with only a few active thrades per day.
      Order of the Fly

Comment

Not sure what is going on. The other sites on the server are ok. I will look into it.

So far only males are complaining about the lag, so try changing your gender and see if that helps!

Comment

I found a process running on the server that was eating up much of the CPU much of the time. I stopped it ... hopefully that will help.

Comment

Is the server located in the United States? Maybe you should relocate to a country that doesn't have trashy internet infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              I found a process running on the server that was eating up much of the CPU much of the time. I stopped it ... hopefully that will help.
              I have actually noticed an improvement. I use Chrome and I noticed that on the front page there was a plug-in that was being blocked before. It is gone now. Maybe I should have mentioned it.

Thank you

Soemtimes it takes an AAHZ to make **** happen.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Well it took this thread over 20 seconds to open and now the typing of this response is lagging so, the answer is no. Unless the process restarted itself.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am not getting the same plug-in blocked on the front page as before, Rah.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

I'm getting the same mixed results as earlier in the week. 15 seconds to load this thread. But it only took two seconds for the last thread I looked at.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Right now it seems overall better to me - but yeah, still some slow stages in between.
                      Blah

Comment

Aeson, there is another plug-in being blocked on the front page. It keeps trying to load soemthing.

Hasn't slowed down the site though... YET.
                        Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                        X