Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Roi Soleil

Here's what you do when you don't like crowded beaches:

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is facing heavy criticism after he was photographed relaxing on a state beach he had ordered closed to the public.

The Republican gave the go-ahead for non-essential services to be shut down - including the Island State Beach Park - over the 4 July holiday weekend because of a budget impasse.

"I didn't get any sun today," he said, before the aerial photos emerged.

The pictures show Mr Christie and his family on an otherwise empty beach.

Other visitors were turned away by police.

(...)
    Fulll article: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40478247

I'm planning to get elected into something too, just for fun and profit
    Blah

You can ... only becoming PotUS may be very difficult if you aren't a natural american.

To make things easier I recommend marrying a Kennedy

That Mr. Christie didn't get any sun seems to be true, btw. ... according to his spokesman he wore a baseball hat
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/03/po...ach/index.html
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I was thinking that Mr. Christie is a bathing suit might be enough to clear a beach... but then I remembered that his body type isn't unusual in 'Merca...
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Chris Christie is fatter than usual, but not completely outside the norm. He's just fat enough that we can look at him, see our own fatness reflected in his jiggles, and be ashamed. Thus, we'd rather keep him isolated on his own beach so as not to remind ourselves of what we may become.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Trumpista?
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Trump has an approval rating around 39%. Christie's is down around 15%. So, Christie is either only 38% Trumpista or 260% Trumpista (depending on how you look at it).
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

He does look to be about twice the size of Trump.

Comment

Working...
              X