A new way to hire interns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new way to hire interns...

A Czech nuclear power station is in hot water after it used a bikini contest to hire potential interns.

CEZ's nuclear station in the southern village of Temelín posted images of high school graduates wearing bathing suits and hard hats on its Facebook page last week. The station encouraged Facebook users to vote for the girl they liked best, with the winner earning a two-week internship at the station.

It didn't take long for the post to backfire, with some Facebook users calling it sexist and questioning whether the station preferred attractive females to those who might have other qualifications.

The station later deleted the post and apologized, noting that it offered internships to all 10 bikini contest participants.

"We didn't want to offend anyone," the station said in a translated Facebook post. "The purpose of the competition was to promote technical education. But if the original vision raised doubts or concerns, we are very sorry."
    Promote technical education.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

A Czech nuclear power station is in hot water...

Well I mean yeah that's kinda how it works.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

noting that it offered internships to all 10 bikini contest participants.
      Everybody is a winner.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It didn't advance the cause of equality between the sexes but it did make for some fine photos.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It was taken down before I clicked on it. Unless there's an alternative site out there.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When I checked earlier, it was still there. However, it seems like they have taken them down since then
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              It didn't advance the cause of equality between the sexes but it did make for some fine photos.
              Well, I guess male contestants would have looked strange in a Bikini
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

It does make you wonder what the job responsibilities these interns would be hired for.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

All employees of nuclear power plants should have to wear bikinis at all time ... this way any strange mutations from radiation that might occur will be immediately visible and proper action can be taken. It's a safety precaution!

Comment

It's like people who work at nuclear power plants are mostly male and don't have a good sense of tact/propriety. I would not have expected that.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Are there any White House interns this term?
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Isn't Kid's avatar one of them?
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X