Question on American Law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on American Law...

So, once someone is President, how easy is it to 'brand' their names? Even in Canada we have Kennedy buildings, Roosevelt buildings, etc. Is there a waiting period before the name can be used? Or can we start building the Donald J. Trump Abortion Clinic, or the Donald J. Trump Sewage Treatment Plant?

Can we start a Go Fund Me page, to get these (and other) worthy (of Donald J. Trump) projects started?

I think by being POTUS, Trump can no longer simply own his name for personal monetization. When does his name become public domain like all the other presidents?

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

The whole point of this presidency is monetization. He did not divest from his business interests, and the Trump brand is among the most litigious out there.
    "Honoring" his presidency by naming abortion clinics, sewage treatment plants, etc. after Trump may be emotionally satisfying, but prepare to be sued.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Trump Pride Day!
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        So, once someone is President, how easy is it to 'brand' their names? Even in Canada we have Kennedy buildings, Roosevelt buildings, etc. Is there a waiting period before the name can be used? Or can we start building the Donald J. Trump Abortion Clinic, or the Donald J. Trump Sewage Treatment Plant?

Can we start a Go Fund Me page, to get these (and other) worthy (of Donald J. Trump) projects started?

I think by being POTUS, Trump can no longer simply own his name for personal monetization. When does his name become public domain like all the other presidents?

I'm wondering when Obama will get his own aircraft carrier. IIRC Bush senior got one? Heck, even the presidents Enterprise, Midway, Yorktown and Constellation had one yrs ago
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          Trump Pride Day!
          Trump Pride Day will surely be instituted by Donald himself via Executive Order over the course of this year.
          It will be a special state holiday, held every year on the day that Trimp was inaugurated with the largest inaugiration crowd ever
          and it will be a day where all american citizens have to pray for the Trump family as thanks for all those things, the Trumps have done for the country.
          Also on this day all citizens are requested to donate 1% of their years earnings to the Trump Foundation
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Kidlicious
            Kidlicious commented
            Editing a comment
            What you love to ignore is that fake news under reported the crowd size and unfairly compared it to the crowd size for the first black president. They showed all their cards that day though. The sad thing is that you all drank the kool-aid already.

As far as Trump instituting Trump Pride Day, that would be just like him, huge.

• Proteus_MST
            Proteus_MST commented
            Editing a comment
            Well Trumps inauguration cowd was smaller than that for both Obama inaugurations ... including the one in 2013, for which Trump himself claimed that his own crowd as larger

Even the public transport use on inauguration day in Washingtn was smaller than on Obamas 2 inaugurations

Aside from all of this, Sean Spicer as Press Secretary of the White House claimed in a post inauguration press conference that Trumps Inauguration crowd was the Largest inauguration crowd ever, so this was an official statement of the white house during Trumps government.
            So actually this inauguration crowd has to be compared to Obamas Inauguration Crowd in 2009, as Spicers "largest ever" claims that Trumps inauguratin crowd was larger than Obamas in 2009 as well

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway claimed that "alternative facts" were employed by Press Secretary Sean Spicer when he tried to make the case that "this was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe."

Sparky lives in Canada. US laws have no bearing there.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

I'm wondering when Obama will get his own aircraft carrier. IIRC Bush senior got one? Heck, even the presidents Enterprise, Midway, Yorktown and Constellation had one yrs ago
            I'm guessing Clinton is next in line.

Comment

Nah, they will probably name a submarine after him - more like a cigar
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Two ships have already had that name but prior to him being president.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We had the USS Slick Willy?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                  X