Do you have beaches where you are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have beaches where you are?

Just had my first swim of the year (and not even in an island) so I was just wondering

(not you aeson, I know you do)

the last two weeks it was very hot and dry except on weekends when it rained

not this one. just drove up and down one mountain and on to the beaaaaaaaaaaaaaach. pretty nice

now we will have an african heatwave from northern europe that will give 43 oC

Comment

The most noteworthy beach near me is Ocean City, MD, which is a couple hours east. I probably haven't been there in 15 or 20 years. Pretty sure the last time I was at a beach was in Florida with my ex THANKS FOR REMINDING ME PAIKTIS.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

One of the world's largest fresh water lakes, Lake Winnipeg, is about 1 hour north. The southern coast has several soft white sand beaches. We've had a very wet spring/early summer, so no beaches for me yet.
        A little over an hour east is a cottage filled lake shore called Falcon Beach, which is fun to say with a Spanish accent when you're 12 years old...
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Yes. But, the water in the San Francisco area tends to be cold.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

We have a couple of natural and excavated lakes in the Ruhr Valley region.
            Regarding beaches at oceans, however, I would have to travel at least 200 km in order to get to the nearest north sea beach ... and more than 400 km in order to get to the nearest beach at the baltic sea
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Soemtimes I fart and it feels pretty good. Not sure what this has to do with the thrade, but this seemed like a good a place as any to put it.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yep.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X