A good luck charm you may not want to rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good luck charm you may not want to rub

Some times the news is just a bit to bizarre and makes me wonder what we did for laughs before the internet.

The illegal trade uncovered in Europe and the US is said to involve protected lizard species.

Certainly not fake news.

A joint investigative team from the UK and India say they have uncovered an "international fraud" where dried monitor lizard penises are being passed off as tantric plant roots.

The root, hatha jodhi, is believed to bring good luck and happiness as it resembles two hands joined in prayer.

A statement from World Animal Protection said Indian wildlife authorities had conducted raids in several states and seized samples.

The fake "roots" are being sold online.

Customers largely seem to be the Asian diaspora in the UK, other parts of Europe and the US, the statement said.

A recent raid in the eastern Indian state of Orissa saw the seizure of dried hemipenis from Bengal and Yellow Monitor lizards from a house in the city of Bhubaneswar, the statement added.

An Indian member of the investigating team said the illegal trade was of major concern for the continued survival of the lizard species involved, as both Bengal and Yellow Monitor lizards are protected under Indian and international law.

Just how rare are tantric plant roots, where they're substituting them with dried penises from a protected species because it's cheaper. OUCH.

No good luck for lizzards.

I can just see the raids. What's in that box? Just a box of penises chief. Book em Dano.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Oh no! They replaced the snake oil with lizard oil!
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

our greed will destroy the planet

Comment

Comment

Guess even extensive rubbing of the Penis won't produce an erection anymore
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Classic Louis CK. Worth the 6 minutes. Thx.

And for the next one. I think we need a link, Proteus.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So...is this taken from lizzardmen?
              Blah

Comment

lol thats funny

Comment

Working...
                X