Conspiracy nuts are more fun in the movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy nuts are more fun in the movies

... than in reality. Who'd have guessed?

Florida woman who believed that the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook elementary school was a hoax was sentenced to five months in prison this week for threatening the father of six-year-old Noah Pozner, one of the 20 young victims who died in the shooting.

US district judge, James Cohn, called Lucy Richards’ actions towards Leonard Pozner “disturbing” and condemned those who spread false claims about the deaths of 20 children and six adults in the attack in Newtown, Connecticut, five years ago.

“This is reality and there is no fiction. There are no alternative facts,” Cohn told Richards, 57, at her sentencing.

“You have the absolute right to think and believe as you so desire,” the judge said. “You do not have the right to transmit threats to another.”

(...)
    Activist judges denying alterrnative reality

Full (long): https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...threats-prison

Some gems:

Other family members of public shooting victims have described similar harassment. Chris Hurst, whose girlfriend, 24-year-old journalist Alison Parker, was shot to death on live television, said he has received messages accusing him of being a “crisis actor” paid by the government, and claims that Parker is still alive, got plastic surgery and now lives in Israel.
    (...) Florida university professor James Tracy, another Sandy Hook denier, who was fired after the Pozners wrote an op-ed describing him as “chief among the conspiracy theorists”, a man who had “even sent us a certified letter demanding proof that Noah once lived”

Blah

People are messed up in the head

... which is a direct result of the government's chemtrail program back in the 60's ... chemicals designed to cause delusions so as to make the public open to the absurd story that we really landed on the moon. Wake up sheeple!

Comment

No you fool, it's the fluoride they put in the water supply.

Comment

Yes, drink only bottled water and deny women your essence...

Just like Kid
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Hypocrisy
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM!

Comment

. . . I guess it'd technically be easier to fake than the Holocaust?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

How many lefty nuts insist that Orlando shooting was because of right wing homophobia?

Comment

No Alexandria?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    How many lefty nuts insist that Orlando shooting was because of right wing homophobia?
                    Personally, I just blame the one guy who did it. You're the one who generalizes every freaking factoid into sweeping generalizations.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Personally, I just blame the one guy who did it. You're the one who generalizes every freaking factoid into sweeping generalizations.
                      How convenient. Now you can live in a nice fantasy world.

Comment

Thinking people would go back to the thread and quote what people actually posted.
                        Kid, feels free to say whatever he wants without checking.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd be kinda curious if the ppl mentioned in that article/OP would also deny the recent shooting took place.
                          Blah

Comment

Working...
                          X