Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what to do with the ppl on the lower end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what to do with the ppl on the lower end?

Y'know, losers of globalization. Lower middle class. And then the really poor.

There's the Trump vision: put billionaires in charge, open some coal mines (because that's really innovative), and then hope for the best. And not too much health care of course.

Then there's the redistribution vision, like I guess, Sanders, Corbyn? If it works I don't have a fundamental prob with it other than it would be nice if it is sustainable, and not just a handout of stuff for short term gain that turns out to be a burden for others/later.

Or the idea that education is the key for everything. The rest can go for low paid service jobs and ends up as lower middle class or poor. A model which at times of crisis produces lots of ppl with university education that still end up in low paid service jobs (unless this honourable duty is delegated to already poor ppl from abroad)

Then there's the 'those are all lazy and brought it to themselves' idea.

Are there any new glorious models around to deal with (growing?) inequality? I mean other than a glorious revolution of the ppl where the rich are...ehh... dealt with and everyone is made equal (except the revolutionary avantgarde of course).

Blah

We could say, "**** this stupidity" and hire them to fix the planet.

We need at least a couple billion to go out and plant/maintain food forests and wood lots on marginal or degraded lands. Several million to take care of the infrastructure necessary. Some thousands to save the Arctic ice caps (wind powered pumps to freeze sea water during winter, perhaps some atmospheric aerosol to give us a few years) before we get a blue water event and potentially trigger (to an unreversable point) methane clathrates.

Big business gets billions of new customers. World economy doubles. Consumers get to eat awesome food most of them never knew existed, and have beautifully grained hardwood furniture rather than formaldehyde laden **** and cheap plastic. Aquifers get saved. Coasts get saved. Our children and grandchildren (and us if we live very long) have a future that doesn't look like Yemen and Syria.

Comment

You're assuming that we'll be doing something with them, and not the other way around.

EDIT: no you're not, should have read the last paragraph.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

We gave them the right to vote and they gave us President Trump.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The Trump plan is a bit more detailed than that although it's much simpler than some pie in the sky scheme to help the world's poor, such as those in Africa. The birth rate is very high there and nothing can really be done about it. It's also not as complicated as Aeson's plan to save the planet from climate change. The climate is going to change. We can't do anything about that either. It's not going to happen, but the US will be blamed no matter what.
          His plan is a simple America First plan where we actually look out for the interest of our own country and our own people instead of just spewing a bunch of liberal horse manure about America and help all of our enemies and allies defeat us.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I find it funny that people like Kid, who will be among the first to suffer from the new policies still support them the most...
            Darwinism in action so to speak.
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I forgot to put enough meaningless platitudes in my suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                I find it funny that people like Kid, who will be among the first to suffer from the new policies still support them the most...
                Darwinism in action so to speak.
                Ermmmm. Trump is very supportive of red states, working people,Christians and whites. What exactly are you talking about?
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

PROTIP: There is no hope for the human race. Stephen Hawking was right. Humans have less than 100 years then we are history.

At least I found Beelzebub and he has given me purpose and peace. The rest of humanity and their powar-hungry, greedy, money grubbing, over-populating, egomaniacial, worthless asses? God help you (I hope not.)
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I did find it humorous that after Trump proclaimed 'I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris' that thousands took to the streets in Pittsburgh objecting to the president’s climate stance.
                    Considering that the majority of the city support democrats, Trump probably should have used another city as an example. What a clown.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We need to get back to the basics and that means free higher education for all as long as they major in a field which is actually in demand by markets. That is mostly going to be STEM fields and useful stuff like medicine and law. Not so much gay feminist studies taught from a black hispanic point of view.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We presently have a serious glut of law school grads in this country.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

First, we kill all the lawyers.

Comment

I don't think "we" need to do anything.
                            They'll take care of the situation themselves

Comment

Working...
                            X