Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 BC (or 709 ab urbe condita) Caesar is named emperor for life.
    In the same year, the julian calendar takes effect for the first time and caesar writes his commentarii about the civil war and the war in gaul.

It is a pity that this remarkable man wouldn't survive another full year and would be killed in the ides of march 44 BC
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Are you drunk?
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
      Are you drunk?
      Not at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion,
      maybe a good idea to get drunk now, especially as we have 8:20 PM and Mortdecai has begun on TV
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think you mean dictator.
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Aye ... had he just lived another few years, he surely would have made Rome great again

Comment

Do you mean to imply that there is some similarity between the brilliant general and statesman Julius Caesar and the bumbling ass who currently occupies the Oval Office?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If we are lucky we can get rid of Trump before the year is out.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Do you mean to imply that there is some similarity between the brilliant general and statesman Julius Caesar and the bumbling ass who currently occupies the Oval Office?
                Only the number 45 which (at least in hindsight, after all the AD/BC system wasn't in place in Caesars times) has a certain relevance for both people.

Aside from this, of coure, Trump woudn't be able to hold the candle to Caesar.
                Neither would Trump be able to devise cleveer strategies (like Caesas at Alesia), nor were he liteerate enough to write a series of books like Caesars commentarii.
                And I doubt that Trump would be able to understand a single word, if one gave him "De bello Gallico" in original Latin. Moreover I guess that even if one gave Trump an english translaton (of "de bello gallico"), he wouldn't read more than 10 pages before he gave up, considering that it doesn't contain any pictures and also doesn't contain less than 9 bullet points per page

Comment

My understanding is that he would put it down after 1 page without his name.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                  X