Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will the Trump administration last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That requires 2/3 of congress to support the VP et al. I am not saying that they won't, but if they can't even do an investigation what makes you think that they will?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

There would be a way to do it.
      By invoking the 25th Amendement, Section 4

If the Vice President is backed by the majority of the congress, the Principal Officers of the Executive, or th majority in any other government body, he may declare the PotUS unfit for office.

It hs never been invoked before ... and originally seem to have been only meantfor fringe cases, like a president lying in coma, or surprisingly getting some kind of mental illness ... but i seems like the amendment 25.4 is so broad, that is also can be used, if (after a certain time of presidency) it turns out that the president is mentally too unstable or intellectually too challenged to perform the duties of the PotUS.

The independent also published an article about 25.4 as a means to get rid of the orange one:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7528421.html
      The 25th Amendment Section 4 process really won't work against an unwilling president, even if you could get 2/3 of each house to support it, because the President could keep sending declarations of recovery and the Congress would be tied up in an infinite series of hearings and votes. Eventually, the 2/3 caucus would start to break up as the disaster deepened.

Impeachment and conviction are final, and the only way one could really go. Temporary measures would be counter-productive and likely result in widespread civil disorder.
      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
      - A. Lincoln

Comment

It's going to take more than a bad budget or incompetency to bring him down. *sigh*
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Proteus seems to think America's standards are as high as, say, Germany. lol

Comment

True ... in germany we already got rid of one chancellor (Helmut Schmidt) via our mechanism of "constructive vote of no-confidence"
            (on the other hand, our chancellor always is connected to the party with the ruling majority, as we don't have any independent public "chancellor election" similar to your "presidential election", so there is no big danger that we will get some kind of "motion of no confidence"- or "vote of no confidence-ping pong, where a freshly elected chancellor is forcefully removed from office within his first weeks by such a vote whenever he doesn't belong to the ruling majority party )
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              Flynn has pleaded the 5th... since we're talking treason, can they waterboard him?
              If the rug tries to head north next thing you know Canada will be building a wall.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                The Americans will pay for our border wall...

We'll just build it out of Tim Hortons coffee cups filled with used coffee grinds.
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Since we're joking about building a wall on the USA/Canada border, I suspect the news of illegal immigrants flowing from the USA to Canada isn't getting much play internationally. In most years, about 1,000 refugees cross into Canada from the US illegally. Since Trump was elected, the number has skyrocketed. Manitoba has had nearly 500 people crossing this year to April 30, with much higher numbers out east.
                Because we have a Safe Third Country agreement with the US, refugee claimants are required to apply for refugee status in the first country they reach. If they try to cross the border at a Customs crossing, they are turned back. If, however, they reach Canadian soil, they can apply for refugee status here. Many refugees who started in the US no longer feel safe in Trump's America.
                I'm posting this today because a Ghanaian refugee claimant died last night in a ditch about 200 meters from the Canadian border, less than a two hour drive from where I live. This is the first recorded death of this type in years. Trump's not so subtle racist, anti-immigrant policy, as well as the Canadian government's failure to realize the US is no longer a safe country for many immigrants led to this woman's death.

An agreement signed between Canada and the United States is to blame for the recent death of Mavis Otuteye, a presumed asylum seeker found dead less than a kilometre from the Canadian border, a Winnipeg immigration lawyer says.

I don't think we should build a wall, but we must realize that people who risked their lives to flee their homelands are no longer feeling safe in the US and should adjust our Canadian refugee laws accordingly until adults retake the American government.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

48% want him gone. Up 10% in a week.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If folks wanted a reality TV President, they got it with Trump.

People dying to leave is getting a bit too real though - imagine that, I never heard of people fleeing the USA, ever.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                      If folks wanted a reality TV President, they got it with Trump.

People dying to leave is getting a bit too real though - imagine that, I never heard of people fleeing the USA, ever.
                      No one has left except for illegal aliens.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        48% want him gone. Up 10% in a week.
                        I promise you that you won't win an election as long as the Kathy Griffins keep it up. More false accusations and victim playing please.

Comment

While what she did was definitely crossing the line, at least she did something that trump rarely does. She Apologized for it.
                          Even though I'm reasonably sure it was just for public consumption.
                          Our president could learn something from her.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            While what she did was definitely crossing the line, at least she did something that trump rarely does. She Apologized for it.
                            Even though I'm reasonably sure it was just for public consumption.
                            Our president could learn something from her.
                            No she didn't apologize. That's not an apology. She's playing the victim, and victim blaming. She's an insane feminist, and she isn't funny.

Comment

Everything Kidicious says about her is making me like her more.

Comment

Working...
                              X