Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will the Trump administration last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, good point, I retract the second part of my argument.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

.. and even POTUS would be unimportant now too

Comment

With the budget cuts planned for those departments, they will be unimportant soon.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Trump is in Brussels. He really doesn't work well with adults he can't bully... He did manage to push Montenegro's PM out of the way...
          Well, American's have their America back... uneducated and boorish.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

... Trump's latest: He wants less German cars sold in America... Cars manufactured and/or assembled in South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama. :rolf:
            I know that. You'd think someone could have told him?
            Stupid Trump monkey...
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	trump buddha.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	9325319
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                Trump is in Brussels. He really doesn't work well with adults he can't bully... He did manage to push Montenegro's PM out of the way...
                Well, American's have their America back... uneducated and boorish.
                He's more comfortable when dealing with autocrats like those in Saudi Arabia....
                Blah

Comment

Saudi Arabia was a very odd choice for a first OS visit. Normally it is a G7 ally with the main interest being whether it is Europe or Asia first.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I imagine the process of choosing a first nation to visit went something like this:

Trump: "Who produces the most oil?"
                    Advisor: "Saudi Arabia"
                    Trump: "And who has the most golden trinkets to give me?"
                    Trump: "And who kills the most Muslims?"

Trump: "Make it happen!"

Comment

Trump owns bad, very bad cars.

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                        Saudi Arabia was a very odd choice for a first OS visit. Normally it is a G7 ally with the main interest being whether it is Europe or Asia first.
                        The POTUS first foreign trip is usually to Canada. We don't feel miffed.

Comment

I have a hard time imagining this freakshow lasting even four years, but it seems unlikely that the GOP majority will whip out the knives so long as he stays on his current course. Midterms might give enough seats to the Dems to deliver a quietus, or he might ramp up the stupid enough that his pals boot him in the name of self-preservation. Or possibly he just OD's on cocaine. Who knows?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Something that may spell the end of the Trump administration (i.e. if russian probe or incompetence don't do it before) may be Trumponomics.

It seems like a lot of Trumps budget calculations (especcially its tax cuts i combination with increases spending) rest on the assumpion that the US economy will grow by 3 % p.A.
                            Something it last did more than 1.5 decades ago, during the 2 last years of Bill Clinton as PotUS, and which lies far above even the most optimistic projections for the coming years (which is just 2%).

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...et-scam-215183

So maybe, if congress finally accepts one of Trumps budget proposals that rests on the 3% growth assumption (with no failsafe) and this the years budget plan utterly fails (leading to a large increasse in US debts) this may spell the end of the presidency of Trump (with impeachment for utterly incompetence following)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Congress owns the budget, not the President. They cannot impeach and remove him for suggesting a bad budget. They cannot impeach and remove him even for being incompetent. They can only do so for"high crimes and misdemeanors." Like obstructing justice by trying to convince subordinates to stop a criminal probe against a friend.
                              The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                              - A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
                                Congress owns the budget, not the President. They cannot impeach and remove him for suggesting a bad budget. They cannot impeach and remove him even for being incompetent. They can only do so for"high crimes and misdemeanors." Like obstructing justice by trying to convince subordinates to stop a criminal probe against a friend.
                                There would be a way to do it.
                                By invoking the 25th Amendement, Section 4

If the Vice President is backed by the majority of the congress, the Principal Officers of the Executive, or th majority in any other government body, he may declare the PotUS unfit for office.

It hs never been invoked before ... and originally seem to have been only meantfor fringe cases, like a president lying in coma, or surprisingly getting some kind of mental illness ... but i seems like the amendment 25.4 is so broad, that is also can be used, if (after a certain time of presidency) it turns out that the president is mentally too unstable or intellectually too challenged to perform the duties of the PotUS.

The independent also published an article about 25.4 as a means to get rid of the orange one:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7528421.html
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X