Horsie preparing to retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsie preparing to retire

The Government has decided that they could pay me lots of money to leave so I'll be gone from mid-June. They've probably been saving up for ages.

30 years is a long time to be doing one thing. I'm not enjoying it anymore. I'd like to do other things before I'm too old. They've got money for payouts this FY till 30 June but not next.

I'll be a pensioner at the relatively young age of 53.

When I saw the figures I was wondering why I was still going in to work. It was a weight off my shoulders but still a nervous time.
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 20, 2017, 00:06.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

CONGRATS...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey thanks Ming, and like you I'm not retiring, just want to do something else, hopefully with more emphasis on enjoyment than duty.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

We always knew you were lazy and didn't want to work.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That's why I joined the government

Comment

Give a few more years and I'll join the club, but I won't be looking for another job, but more like a paying hobby.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Give me a form guide and a bar stool in retirement and I'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                We always knew you were lazy and didn't want to work.
                Horsie is my hero.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why thank you Monk. you might enjoy Von Moltke the Elder's classification of officers, I did

Whoever is clever and lazy - appoint to the highest posts
                  Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 20, 2017, 03:54.

Comment

If the government would employ everyone we would solve probs of unemployment, poor old ppl and health risks due to high levels of job-related stress ... win-win-win
                    Blah

Comment

Great news. I'd join you except for the healthcare system in the USA. With Republicans trying to roll back the ACA, it looks like I will have to remain employed just to get health insurance.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I have the VA so no worries on that front. Still, it is good to see we can keep you slaving away and paying taxes. Someone has to do that.

Comment

I'll be a self funded retiree so pulling my weight, with public dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            I have the VA so no worries on that front. Still, it is good to see we can keep you slaving away and paying taxes. Someone has to do that.
                            Perhaps. But with the new tax proposals, I should be able structure my income as a business pass through and reduce my tax rate from a top marginal of 39% to a flat15%.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. Trump's scandals are taking up all the air plus, for once, many Republicans are actually demanding tax cuts need to be paid for with off setting budget cuts so the deficit doesn't blow up like it usually does under Republicans.

Comment

Working...
                              X